Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bonds and Clemens may never make it

tycobb420

Roger got 38%. Barry a little less. Of the 62% or so that did not vote for them, how many will never vote for anyone tied to PEDs? That group may very well make up over 25% of the BBWAA electorate.

Bonds and Clemens are also the only two to be charged with a crime relating to PED involvement.

It also just so happens they they would be the two most deserving of HoF (stat wise) so I think if you block them, you block everyone with similar, yet lesser stats. (Sosa, McGwire, etc.)

The BBWAA consist of a lot of people who shouldn't be allowed to vote in the presidential election, due to a lack of intelligence.

Having the BBWAA have any say at all in MVP, CY Young, and HOF voting is a joke.

I think the baseball HOF is ridiculous in every way possible. It makes no sense to me to be evaluating and voting for guys for 15 years before you figure out if they are HOF'ers or not. It's just stupid and it stinks of snobbery.

With that said I hope none of these steroid guys ever get in. I agree with Al Kaline and Goose Gossage....if you let them in then you are basically saying it is fine that you cheated. I for one don't want to see any of them get in. There should be a very harsh penalty to deter future players from trying to do the same. If you are caught using PED's then you can never qualify for the HOF.

Back