Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT : Vick Gets PAID

lions2011

Since there isn't an NFL general topic I put it here.

Michael Vick - QB - Eagles

Eagles agreed to terms with QB Michael Vick on a six-year, $100 million contract with $40 million guaranteed.
We'd have to see annual particulars to comment with 100-percent accuracy, but it's an eye-popping commitment to a 31-year-old quarterback who relies so much on his athleticism. Vick was previously scheduled to play this season on a $16.2 million franchise tag. It will be interesting to see how Vick develops when his speed starts to diminish. While he made strides as a passer last season, Vick's attribute that scares opponents most is still his run threat.

I'm interested to see if the old Vick surfaces, seeing as how he won't owe anyone any money after paying them off with part of his signing bonus. I'm not talking about the dogfighting stuff; moreso his crappy attitude when the pressure is on him to take a team deep in the playoffs/to a superbowl. He mucked it up plenty before he went to jail; let's see how he handles it now...........

he better learn how to be a good QB because hes getting older, slower and other teams Ds are starting to figure him out. way overpaid

I'm not sure he's worth that and he might slide back but as far as he's getting slower and D's are starting to figure him out, where do you see that. Lol.

boogerlovejoy said:
Bad contract. Eagles will regret this deal by 2013

It's not like they have to keep him for the whole term of the contract.

Not a good contract, but with the inflation these days I guess it isn't bad considering his stock atm.. It will look bad in 3 to 5 years however.. I bet Rodgers is worth 140 million plus right now..

I think he's the 1st NFL player to have multiple $100+ contracts. Manning's old contract was $98 Mil over 7 years back in '04.

Horrible contract on the Eagles part. What the hell are they thinking?

They said on ESPN the only way he will be able to pay off all his debts is if he makes the full 100 mil. No idea how much he owed but damn. I dont see Vick being the player he was the first 10 games last year. I coul;d be wrong but Vick seems to be motivated when he isnt making the big money then he gets paid and his game goes south and he will not be able to surprise teams like he did last year. Teams now have a full year of tape and although he will still make an amazing play he will make more boneheaded ones. Add to that he refuses to slide and will take the extra hit.

Way to much money... I mean he will probably not last a full season....I cannot believe how much money he still owes....Wow!!!

I thought he just owed in between 12 and 16 million dollars

coel73 said:

You're right. Trey Wingo said 19 Mil owed on The Herd filling in for Colin.

Eddie said:
coel73 said:

You're right. Trey Wingo said 19 Mil owed on The Herd filling in for Colin.

Oh that's it. Does he need a loan? (reaching in pocket) I think I got it here.

I don't really mind the per year amount he'll get. Justifiable considering his talent, but a contract that long at his age just sounds like it's going to be a disaster in the latter years of it.

I think I'd like to see Vick do it two years in a row before giving him such a huge contract. Damn.

bobes89 said:
The Eagles are going to be in salary cap hell soon, if they aren't already.

they had a ton of money to spend....although, I dont think they spent it wisely...The still have D Jackson to sign

bobes89 said:
The Eagles are going to be in salary cap hell soon, if they aren't already.

the Eagles were around 35+ million under the cap....with a cap that's going to grow by about 20 million in the next 3 years.

while ya , it could be a contract they regret...they're fine cap wise.

Back