Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Schedule

zyxt9

Sure looks odd seeing all the teams in the schedule being from the same conference. Reminds me of baseball prior to inter-league play.

At least there are a good number of nationally televised games!!! :D

I get the logic behind this in a shortened season because they don't want the playoffs to be determined by teams playing an easier schedule against the eastern conference vs playing the better teams in the east. However it does get a bit boring (as well as hard on us eastern time zone wings fans). I hope they are able to get some sort of restructuring done that will actually pass this time to fix the problems with the NHL schedule. They play too many games in the division. As i have said before proximity to another team does not necessarily build rivalries, winning teams and competitive games do. The biggest rivals to the wings in recent years have not even necessarily been in the division with the exception of Chicago. (im not ready to call Nashville a rival yet but if they continue to play like they did last year they have a chance. The real rivals to the wings were Colorado and New Jersey in the mid 90's to 2000. Then it followed up by the Ducks, then the Pens who aren't even in the western conference.

looking at this schedule scares me. The wings are going to be one of most traveled teams in the league again, except this time there arent any breaks for them to get some rest. Just quickly looking at the schedule, they have several 3 games in 4 days, and a few 4 games in 5 day stretch..this has the potential to be ugly, not only for te wings but for all the teams..i can see there being a lot of injuries, just like there was last season in the NBA.

I fully expect to see 4 or 5 players down for the Wings come April..

I fully expect to see 4 or 5 players down for the Wings come April..

Better hope to god the Defense stays healthy, there isn't a lot of depth there any more. But i do agree this schedule has a chance to be a bear, however the wings are significantly younger minus a few hold outs bertuzzi, cleary, ect. so they should be better equipped to handle it than seasons passed.

I dont follow the NBA at all did any players go play elsewhere? that may give the players who did play internationally a bit of an advantage as far as avoiding injuries, seeing as how they were already playing, but i have no idea if anyone in the NBA did that.

seems to me the teams that will manage the schedule the best are the ones who realize they need to rotate in guys very frequently from the minors. problem can be getting guys to buy into sitting when healthy, but their bodies need time to recover or they won't be healthy for long.

Back