Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Possible trade for winnipeg defenseman?

Our top seven D men could be bolstered. I've heard plenty of rumors of who we may target and Bogosian would be a nice addition, assuming his wrist is healed. The kid is young, big, and has a big shot, but has room for improvement and is young enough to make those changes. And coming off injury he may come at a price of a prospect. Like always, if Kenny pulls the trigger on him, you trust this kid will pan out. Other possible D men in the trade mill: Boumeester, Yandle, Leopold, Redden. Tomorrows waiver drops might even yield a possible addition.

Bogosian's got a lot of talent and hes a big physical player. Hes another one of those guys that makes your team "hard to play against" same reason the wings added Too Too. However hes been injured almost every year of his career which admittedly has been rather short so far. He has shown some toughness and willingness to play through injuries but that has to be a bit of a red flag. Also strange that i cant seem to find anyone else who is saying this trade is a possibility so either this guy knows something that no one else does, or hes just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. Either way i would like the wings to get him because we all know we need help on the defensive end.

I don't know if its a cyclical thing but it just doesn't seem like there are that many great defencemen in the game today. Looking at the list of possible alternatives i don't really love any of them and the market has been rather bare the last few years forcing teams to give ridiculas contracts to the few elite defencemen that are playing.

I don't think the wings are going to be trading for Bosogian, he could have been had for relatively cheap last year, but he blew up last season and is now highly valuable to Edmonton, I think he is on their #1 PP due to his devastating slapper. I would love for the Red Wings to get him, but I think it will take too much.

I recently read an article that said the Devils were looking for more offense and are willing to part with some Defense in order to acquire more scoring. Volchenkov is a player I have had my eyes on for a long time, and he would be a perfect fit with Kronwall...both of those players can really lay guys out, and it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get him IMO. I would think that a combination of Emmerton,Tatar,+ a pick.

With Volchenkov, their D goes from a C to a B+.

I don't think the wings are going to be trading for Bosogian, he could have been had for relatively cheap last year, but he blew up last season and is now highly valuable to Edmonton, I think he is on their #1 PP due to his devastating slapper. I would love for the Red Wings to get him, but I think it will take too much.

I recently read an article that said the Devils were looking for more offense and are willing to part with some Defense in order to acquire more scoring. Volchenkov is a player I have had my eyes on for a long time, and he would be a perfect fit with Kronwall...both of those players can really lay guys out, and it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get him IMO. I would think that a combination of Emmerton,Tatar,+ a pick.

With Volchenkov, their D goes from a C to a B+.

That would be a great signing, i'm not sure how fond the wings are of trading Tatar tho, They seem to really like the kid and think he could be a great goal scorer in the NHL in a few years.

Back