Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wings reportedly looking at Redden

I mostly agree, but depth is never a bad thing and with the cap money we have, a one year deal would do no harm. Coliacovo is hurt and we have youngsters trying to play important minutes in Smith and Kindl. One more for insurance and its not like he complains about long stints in the AHL.

I mostly agree, but depth is never a bad thing and with the cap money we have, a one year deal would do no harm. Coliacovo is hurt and we have youngsters trying to play important minutes in Smith and Kindl. One more for insurance and its not like he complains about long stints in the AHL.

Very good points. I didn't think about the AHL angle, with smith being taken from the griffins to the Wings they are down a defenseman and there may not be anyone ready to take the next step in the lower levels. Also your right about depth i have a feeling injuries will have a huge effect on this season and depth on the blue line never hurts. I guess im just feeling underwhelmed by all of the options presented to the wings this year. Prb a little spoiled by all the years of the wings having one the best groups of D-Men in the entire league.

Last edited:
Life without #5, never wanted to think about it. Elite D men seem to becoming more rare these days and mega deals keep them locked up. The good news, we still have Ken Holland and he will find us a Red Wing, just like with Stu and with White. This season will be a big one for Ericsson, Kindl and Smith. If those 3 can elevate, than our uneasiness is for nothing. But a lot more minutes for each this season, so my uneasiness remains until they play it away. I have high hopes for Quincey getting back to form. Just please, no injuries or our lack of depth will be glaring.

Dear God I hope the wings don't offer Redden a contract. There is a reason why the Rangers refused to play him even though he was making over 6 million dollars per year. The guy is a terrible teammate, a clubhouse cancer, and frankly isn't very good anymore.

I'm all for adding some veteran depth, but not this guy..

Dear God I hope the wings don't offer Redden a contract. There is a reason why the Rangers refused to play him even though he was making over 6 million dollars per year. The guy is a terrible teammate, a clubhouse cancer, and frankly isn't very good anymore.

I'm all for adding some veteran depth, but not this guy..

Part of that was due to his absurd contract. They wanted to stash in the AHL to avoid his salary killing their cap. Yes the guy did have a little bit of a coke problem (allegedly) but from all reports he was a good club house guy in the AHL and kinda cleaned up his act a bit. Dont be surprised if someone takes a chance on him before the end of today.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413877

It's the Blues. One year $800k. He won't play Saturday however.

Not a terrible deal for them. That's the kind of deal i was hoping the wings would be able to get him for. If he doesn't work out than he isn't signed to a big long term deal and is easy to cut. I think the wings may have missed an opportunity there. However Ken Holland has forgotten more about hockey than ill ever know and i'm assuming he took a look at him so maybe he wasn't a good fit.

Back