Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Felton Cut

jdavis89

@JasonLaCanfora
Lions inform FB Jerome Felton of his release this AM. Quality FB, but team doing in direction of keeping more TEs.

not surprising

cheeno said:
But what about our power run game?!!!
Suh is still here.
grin.png

Thank god for that, I was surprised they kept Hanson.

Hanson, Raynor can't hold his jock. Once Hanson retires, easy to get a good kicker at that time.

I think the Lions have decided to pass on every down. No running any more.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Hanson, Raynor can't hold his jock. Once Hanson retires, easy to get a good kicker at that time.

I meant because we have Suh.

This doesnt shock me. they had been using Heller as a FB at times so we will see more of that. I think they are trying to gain every extra spot in the 53 they can. So if Heller can play some FB then that frees up a spot.

Sucks for Felton, but from what I read about Heller's game being solid all around the board, I'm not surprised. Maybe he'll go to a team where he can get a bigger role in their offense. Probably not; fullbacks are becoming relics in this league.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I think the Lions have decided to pass on every down. No running any more.

those swing passes out of the backfield we've seen so much in the preseason will be our running game.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Mitch":pzt2qioh]I think the Lions have decided to pass on every down. No running any more.

those swing passes out of the backfield we've seen so much in the preseason will be our running game. [/quote:pzt2qioh]

No doubt.

I think Felton will be back with the team, possibly. Leshoure counts against the roster until after the 80 man cuts. We get below 80 and bring Felton back on. His cut may have been due to a technicality.

Not according to this.

John Kreger - Release of FB Fulton brings Lions down to 80-man limit
FB Jerome Felton

Yeah so they will bring him back at 4pm after the cut deadline, when Leshoure no longer occupies a roster spot.

cheeno said:
Yeah so they will bring him back at 4pm after the cut deadline, when Leshoure no longer occupies a roster spot.

No, they're already at 80 plus LeShoure.

I think they want to give him the opportunity to possibly catch on with another team. If we were going to bring him back why didn't we cut Clapp instead?

The 80 includes Leshoure, after 4pm we are down to 79. Motorcitym good question, guess we'll have to see.

Back