Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit 4 Columbus 3 SO/F

biggunsbob

Games ends tied wings win the shoot-out after seven whiff attempts by both teams. Brunner had a nice little move to win it..

I think the freaking refs went way overboard in the third with penalties but what do I know.. Much better effort by the wings tonight but it was Columbus so i am not holding my breath.. Well a win is a win and 2 points anyway this year is huge...I think Kenny needs to find some defensive help... way to many breakaways and giveaways ..

Last edited:
The whole season has been called this way so far. I have watched several other games this year and they are calling all sorts of crappy penalties on everyone. I dont know if this is another league mandate to take certain things out of the game. (cough more power plays so more scoring cough)

As far as the Wings go the D looks terrible. Its to be expected unfortunately you cant have the kind of turn over the wings have had in the last two years and expect to play at the same level. Esp with no big free agent additions. This salary cap thing sucks i liked being the Yankees of the NHL way better.

Yeah the salary cap stinks... Hurts teams like us that have a owner who gives a shit about his teams..

Yeah it hurts to have to find diamond in the roughs all the time drafting down like we always have to do...

Yeah it hurts to have to find diamond in the roughs all the time drafting down like we always have to do...

And all the other teams lost that North Americans first sentimentality that was giving the wings free reign to scout and sign players in Europe and Russia.

There have been a few recent seasons where the refs were a bit overboard in calling the "new way to call" a certain penalty but then relented once the season got going. I don't foresee the entire season having so many ticky-tack calls but then again I don't expect a bunch of games to begin with fights, as the opening puck is dropped.

Lashoff played a whale of a game replacing Ericsson. But yeah...way too many defensive lapses still.

The penalty that pissed me off was the "face-off violation" on Cleary. The face-off had already happened...should have just been called a hand pass...not to mention the fact that the knob of his stick touched the puck and not his glove. A bullshit call all around.

Back