Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rondo has torn ACL

Gonna be tough to find a suitor for Pierce I'd imagine. Doesn't fit well trade wise with most of the contending teams. I'd say Golden State (if they wanted to) could package Harrison Barnes and some picks possibly. Haven't watched them much so I don't know how he would fit with them. I'm assuming they might be a little fast paced for such a half court oriented player. However, Curry, Thompson, Pierce and Lee is a hell of an arsenal. The Grizz probably makes the most sense but I wonder if they're ready to deal Rudy Gay for him...It looks like they just shed that salary cap room to either try to keep both him and Zbo or deal one to get a stud back. Would make sense though, they could get Pierce who would fit nicely and give them the championship experience and I believe he would be an expiring contract next season. I've heard chatter that they may be interested but it's all talk at this point..nothing close to concrete. Realistically, if they can't get much back for him they can just hang onto him and shop him as an expiring deal next season which holds a value in it'self. (Again, assuming his contract is only one more year)

Last edited:
Beez, one of the rumors is a 3 way Pierce to memphis, Rudy Gay to the lakers, and Pau Gasol to the Celtics.
another was Garnett to Brooklyn.

possible Delonte West or D league assist leader Andre Barrett take Rondo's place on Celts.

any of this goes down the season is a wreck, and does give Pistons better path to a playoff berth, hoping.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8890026/with-rajon-rondo-season-boston-celtics-do-now
Life without Rondo.
from Grantland

Maybe one of you can add something to the trade scenarios. idk much on several of the players of some teams mentioned.

Last edited:
I just couldn't see the Celtics having any interest in bringing Gasol back..I think they'd just keep Pierce. I would expect Jason Terry to get a chance to play better with some more minutes in the short term. They also have Barbosa and Bradley. Barbosa has had success in the league, although he hasn't been much of late and the Celtics have liked Bradley's game a lot. He plays hard nosed defense and was an improving offensive player. We'll see what happens.

Go Bulls!

Personally after the Grizz just dumped 6 million in cap last week, it looks to me like Gay is staying unless they're wow'd by an offer.

I just couldn't see the Celtics having any interest in bringing Gasol back..I think they'd just keep Pierce. I would expect Jason Terry to get a chance to play better with some more minutes in the short term. They also have Barbosa and Bradley. Barbosa has had success in the league, although he hasn't been much of late and the Celtics have liked Bradley's game a lot. He plays hard nosed defense and was an improving offensive player. We'll see what happens.

Go Bulls!

You know your BB beez, Celts do like Bradley's defense, Terry iirc is getting more minutes too.

I laughed when I read the 'Go Bulls', I'm not the only one with a rooting interest in a team not in Detroit.
but I don't like that kid noah....must be from the crap between him and Garnett. Bulls fans probably feel same about KG.
Do you think the Bulls become a better team when they got the assistant coach from the Celts? Tom Thibodeau? made the players better unit, he was known as a defensive coach with/before boston and seemed to make the bulls play more/better D.

Last edited:
You know your BB beez, Celts do like Bradley's defense, Terry iirc is getting more minutes too.

I laughed when I read the 'Go Bulls', I'm not the only one with a rooting interest in a team not in Detroit.
but I don't like that kid noah....must be from the crap between him and Garnett. Bulls fans probably feel same about KG.
Do you think the Bulls become a better team when they got the assistant coach from the Celts? Tom Thibodeau? made the players better unit, he was known as a defensive coach with/before boston and seemed to make the bulls play more/better D.

Yeah we do feel that way about KG..Noah can come off as a punk sometimes but he ALWAYS does his job, defends his teamates, doesn't back down from a challenge and kind of "does it all" from a big mans position. He doesn't do stupid things like a Demarcus Cousins where it looks like immaturity so I think thats why I like it. Ton of passion and fire that can't be tought. Now that I think about it, he's very similar to Garnett in those ways.

Thibbs? ABSOLUTELY. The guy is a GREAT GREAT coach. I was a little hesitant when he got the job but he's fantastic. That team plays with the same effort and intensity almost every night. I mean just take a look at this season. He lost his entire bench from a year ago which was hands down the best in the league, loses his MVP/leading scorer and assist man point guard in D.Rose and all they've done is put themselves in 1st place of their division and 3rd place in the entire conference. Just imagine if NY lost Melo for the year, or the Thunder lost Durant for the year..it's pretty remarkable that he's able to get these guys to trust the system the way they do, and play intensly night in and night out on the defensive end in an era where defense can sometimes come 3rd behind scoring and tweeting. Lol It's my belief he should have gotten coach of the year for the second straight year last season although I don't disagree that Popovic was deserving as well.

Too bad for the Celtics, I thought if Rudy Gay was going anywhere it would be there for some sort of Pierce deal...I think they hang tight with Pierce now.

Yeah we do feel that way about KG..Noah can come off as a punk sometimes but he ALWAYS does his job, defends his teamates, doesn't back down from a challenge and kind of "does it all" from a big mans position. He doesn't do stupid things like a Demarcus Cousins where it looks like immaturity so I think thats why I like it. Ton of passion and fire that can't be tought. Now that I think about it, he's very similar to Garnett in those ways.

Thibbs? ABSOLUTELY. The guy is a GREAT GREAT coach. I was a little hesitant when he got the job but he's fantastic. That team plays with the same effort and intensity almost every night. I mean just take a look at this season. He lost his entire bench from a year ago which was hands down the best in the league, loses his MVP/leading scorer and assist man point guard in D.Rose and all they've done is put themselves in 1st place of their division and 3rd place in the entire conference. Just imagine if NY lost Melo for the year, or the Thunder lost Durant for the year..it's pretty remarkable that he's able to get these guys to trust the system the way they do, and play intensly night in and night out on the defensive end in an era where defense can sometimes come 3rd behind scoring and tweeting. Lol It's my belief he should have gotten coach of the year for the second straight year last season although I don't disagree that Popovic was deserving as well.

Too bad for the Celtics, I thought if Rudy Gay was going anywhere it would be there for some sort of Pierce deal...I think they hang tight with Pierce now.

last night watching the Celts - kings game during wednesday cigar night with a couple of friends, we watched cousins. he seems disinterested or without focus a few times. Probably does need to mature/grow up a bit.

None of us wanted to see Thibodeau leave, during his time he was always talked about by Heinsohn, Maxwell, and the rest of the announcers/analysts during the Celts games on tv/radio. It was 2/3 years ago and was in a waiting room for the eye doc. Either espn the magazine or a sportsillustrated issue had an incredible/great several page story on him and his coaching with the bulls.

Kind of hoping they keep Pierce as a Celtic and not trade him. Been with them through lean years and the Championship and contender years.
Ainge though does have some work to do to get quality younger players, Green is good, Avery is good too. we think it will be tough for them to make the playoffs or get past the first round.

last night watching the Celts - kings game during wednesday cigar night with a couple of friends, we watched cousins. he seems disinterested or without focus a few times. Probably does need to mature/grow up a bit.

None of us wanted to see Thibodeau leave, during his time he was always talked about by Heinsohn, Maxwell, and the rest of the announcers/analysts during the Celts games on tv/radio. It was 2/3 years ago and was in a waiting room for the eye doc. Either espn the magazine or a sportsillustrated issue had an incredible/great several page story on him and his coaching with the bulls.

Kind of hoping they keep Pierce as a Celtic and not trade him. Been with them through lean years and the Championship and contender years.
Ainge though does have some work to do to get quality younger players, Green is good, Avery is good too. we think it will be tough for them to make the playoffs or get past the first round.

Yeah I wouldn't say they can't make the playoffs, but obviously they were borderline already and losing their best player won't help the case. As much as I don't like Paul Pierce (not really sure why) I'd like to see him stay a Celtic too. He reminds me of the older generation of players that found a home and ruled a city like Reggie Miller, Larry Bird and even guys like Ewing and Jordan even though they played with other teams at the end. Ewing and Jordan were still staples in 1 city for a long long time and you could never remember them for anywhere else. Jordan was out of retirement and Ewing was kind of in Pierce's position.

As far as Ainge, its his job to protect the Celtics chances of winning and get better, not older, but even then it may be hard to deal away one of the all time great s in your franchise's rich history. He has to be concerned with this team falling into what the Celtics were before KG and those guys showed up though. You don't want to see a 5-10 year stretch of terrible teams because you decided to get sentimental. (Not to mention he'd lose his job Lol) He's in a very tough position..he HAS to make the right move if he trades Pierce. If he trades him and the deal turns into a bust, he'll be "the guy who traded Pierce for Peanuts."

Last edited:
After moving here in 1957, my dad worked in the building right next to the old Boston Garden the Anelex bldg. The Celtics front offices were also there on a different floor.
An hour each way on bus and trains on many Saturdays to see him and have lunch, we bumped into and I met several old Celts from that era. Cooz, Sam and KC Jones, Havlicek, and so I became a Celtics fan. cripes one time the backup center to Russell mel counts got on the elevator bent over at 7 feet,
What a run of championships growing up, met Red too I met and the most biased announcer of the major sports of all time Johnny Most. Red was always with a cigar, Most a cig with a long ash, ...but what I am getting at is when Russell retired after winning as a player coach some lean years followed, Henry Finkel at center......good God, they crashed, then drafted the most hustling big man Dave Cowens and a couple Championships in the 70's, more lean years, until Red drafted Bird as a junior, which led to a drafting rule.
Wish they could have won another against the lakers, but.... Then the draft of Len Bias, to play along side the big three of Bird Parish and McHale, and his tragic cocaine death.
They didn't win again for over 20 years, so yeah, don't like those lean years, but it happens, as our Tigers 28, and Lions 55, know, it was like 40 years between RedWings stanley cups.

After moving here in 1957, my dad worked in the building right next to the old Boston Garden the Anelex bldg. The Celtics front offices were also there on a different floor.
An hour each way on bus and trains on many Saturdays to see him and have lunch, we bumped into and I met several old Celts from that era. Cooz, Sam and KC Jones, Havlicek, and so I became a Celtics fan. cripes one time the backup center to Russell mel counts got on the elevator bent over at 7 feet,
What a run of championships growing up, met Red too I met and the most biased announcer of the major sports of all time Johnny Most. Red was always with a cigar, Most a cig with a long ash, ...but what I am getting at is when Russell retired after winning as a player coach some lean years followed, Henry Finkel at center......good God, they crashed, then drafted the most hustling big man Dave Cowens and a couple Championships in the 70's, more lean years, until Red drafted Bird as a junior, which led to a drafting rule.
Wish they could have won another against the lakers, but.... Then the draft of Len Bias, to play along side the big three of Bird Parish and McHale, and his tragic cocaine death.
They didn't win again for over 20 years, so yeah, don't like those lean years, but it happens, as our Tigers 28, and Lions 55, know, it was like 40 years between RedWings stanley cups.

Yeah only being 25, the Bulls, Cowboys and UM titles seem like ancienct history already. Although he's playing well, I think that Carlos Boozer signing could be what holds Chicago back.

Celtics move to 6-0 since the Rondo injury with a massacre of the Lakers. Garnett (one of the best defensive players of the generation) eclipsed the 25k point mark on offense last night as well. Inspired basketball?

Last edited:
Celtics move to 6-0 since the Rondo injury with a massacre of the Lakers. Garnett (one of the best defensive players of the generation) eclipsed the 25k point mark on offense last night as well. Inspired basketball?

found these the last couple days,
Celtics have gone streaking.
From Elias: The Celtics have won their last six games, including Thursday against the Lakers, immediately after a six-game losing streak, which in turn came on the heels of a six-game winning streak. The Celtics are the first team in NBA history to sandwich a losing streak of at least six games with winning streaks of at least six games on both ends.

Kevin Garnett joins Kobe Bryant and Moses Malone as the only players who did not go to college to score 25,000 points in the NBA.
KG 25,000 points, 10,000 boards, 5,000 assists 1,500 blocks and steals, Kevin Garnett joins...no one. He?s all alone.

found these the last couple days,
Celtics have gone streaking.
From Elias: The Celtics have won their last six games, including Thursday against the Lakers, immediately after a six-game losing streak, which in turn came on the heels of a six-game winning streak. The Celtics are the first team in NBA history to sandwich a losing streak of at least six games with winning streaks of at least six games on both ends.

Kevin Garnett joins Kobe Bryant and Moses Malone as the only players who did not go to college to score 25,000 points in the NBA.
KG 25,000 points, 10,000 boards, 5,000 assists 1,500 blocks and steals, Kevin Garnett joins...no one. He?s all alone.

Top 50 player of all time.

garnett deal won't happen unless the Celtic go to hi and say get the hell out we don't want you anymore. He has a no trade option and has openly expressed that he has no desire to play anywhere than Boston. He said he bleeds Celtic green.

I guess I shouldn't say it won't happen, but Garnett's gonna do what he can to make Ainge not want to trade him..not sure if he'd just veto any trade no matter hwat or if he'd leave if he really felt that unwanted.

Back