Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stuckey - Frank move past differences

I cannot imagine this team letting another coach go before he's even had a chance to get his feet wet. Joe needs to put his trust in someone. Stuckey is a headcase. He's showing it with Frank, and he showed it with Kuester. If he's back after this year, I'll be shocked.

makes the deciion easier when you bench stuckey and get 31 from knight. hes the one with a future here......Joe shoulda moved away from stuckey awhile ago.

Don't know how you can say one has a future here and the other does not. They are both basically SG at this point, neither is particularly well versed. Stuckey can't shoot from the perimeter. Knight can hit 3s but can't drive to the hoop all that effectively. Frankly this team needs a real SG and a real PG, both players are good role guys but should both be moved if salary gets too high.

My comments about Frank have everything to do with how poorly he utilizes his personnel, not because of any issue with Stuckey. Stuckey is what he is, but Frank seems abjectly opposed to playing our best players, making in-game substitutions when the situation calls, or organizing lineups that actually provide diverse skills.

I don't know what will happen with Stuckey, but his skill limitations aren't going away. He's an undersized (short arms) foul magnet. He's a poor shooter and distributor, but stays relatively efficient by constantly getting to the foul line. That might work if he had Wade's talent, but he doesn't. He's a homeless man's Dwyane Wade, but without the ref treatment or defensive prowess. There's just not a great use for that skillset on our team. We need shooters around our paint-oriented big men. Monroe-Drummond is the future, and anyone who doesn't fit with those two (like a ball-dominant non-shooter) doesn't have a long term future with the team.

Back