Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tashaun Prince, Austin Daye traded

wheels002

as part of a 3 team deal. Pistions get back Jose Calderon.

dumping tashauns salary is good for next year FA. Lets hope we can land someone.

And I like Calderon. Laugh if you want but I think this team is closer to being competitive than most people do.

dumping tashauns salary is good for next year FA. Lets hope we can land someone.

The problem right there. When is the last time Detroit actually signed someone that was actually good?

Players want to go tropical, warm spots. LA, Miami - or a team wanting to win right away. Not Detroit.

Why do we need a 3rd PG? Trade Bynum, the kid deserves a chance to play.

I agree though that the Pistona aren't that far away, they need a stud at the 2 or 3 to be formidable.

Last edited:
I think Knight will be a SG. I would like to dump Stuckey on who ever would take him

I like it, hate to see Tay go because of all he has done, but Calderon is 8th in assists in the league, and averages aboutt he same points as Knight. We can still make a run at 8th seed first round out believe it or not.

Does this trade affect whether or not we draft a pg now? It looks like a forward is more likely now.

It doesnt effect anything really Calderon's deal expires after the season. As of right now we will have 33 mil under the cap after the season but I expect us to trade some expiring contracts for some established players.

I like it, hate to see Tay go because of all he has done, but Calderon is 8th in assists in the league, and averages aboutt he same points as Knight. We can still make a run at 8th seed first round out believe it or not.

Does this trade affect whether or not we draft a pg now? It looks like a forward is more likely now.

plenty of quality SF and PG depth in the top 10 of the draft next year....either way works.

I am warming up to this trade, I think we try to resign Calderon.

The team has some pieces, still need a star at the 3, but with our young bigs and now Knight and Calderon, we have some guys that could develop into top tier players.

Why do we need a 3rd PG? Trade Bynum, the kid deserves a chance to play.

I agree though that the Pistona aren't that far away, they need a stud at the 2 or 3 to be formidable.

Bynum is trash...

This was a sad trade for me..The Grizzlies fans deserve better. Finally a legit contender and the dump arguably their best player to avoid some luxary tax hits at years end. I understand the finances behind it but come on..why should anyone be a fan of a team like that. They did the same thing with Pau Gasol ..(Luckily for them, getting the rights to then Laker Marc Gasol turned out to be a nice aquisition)

I could never be a fan of a team like that..the team I root for has to at least have an interest in winning a championship.

Bynum is trash...

This was a sad trade for me..The Grizzlies fans deserve better. Finally a legit contender and the dump arguably their best player to avoid some luxary tax hits at years end. I understand the finances behind it but come on..why should anyone be a fan of a team like that. They did the same thing with Pau Gasol ..(Luckily for them, getting the rights to then Laker Marc Gasol turned out to be a nice aquisition)

I could never be a fan of a team like that..the team I root for has to at least have an interest in winning a championship.

I don't give a shit about the Grizzlies or their fans. The only thing that concerns me is if this makes the Pistons a better team now and in the Future. I think they are no worse off now and it puts them in a position where they have an opportunity to get better in the future. I think in order for them to get good quick they are going to have to flip a few of these expiring contracts for an established player. I wouldn't bank on Joe D getting it right in the FA market.

Even if that's true, so what? With that cap room they can trade for some talent.

How do you get better if you trade talent for talent. Its not like baseball where they have a minor league system.

Who said anything about trading talent for talent?

See the reason why the NBA sucks. Trades make no sense. Nonetheless, when is the last time Detroit made any trade that made them better in the long run? Outside of freeing up money to a FA that never comes? They have been drafting well, only chance. At least until all of them starting getting paid more..

Back