Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Die Hard

zyxt9

yikes...i liked the last one but it was still kinda sub par due to how old bruce is these days. he was awesome in Red though, so maybe this will still be ok. still, thinking i'll wait for it to hit cable.

It's freakin' Bruce Willis, who cares if its bad - its Bruce Willis. At least its not 66 year old Stallone. He's already pre-production on Expendables 3.

Well for me every-other (even numbered) Die Hard movies were not great.

Die Hard, Die Hard 3 were fantastic, so I'm hoping die Hard 5 keeps the streak going, because Die hard 2 and 4 left me wondering if an infinite room full of monkeys and typewriters wrote the script.

I didn't mind 2 and though 4 was less intelligent it was freakin' Bruce Willis.

I didn't mind 2 and though 4 was less intelligent it was freakin' Bruce Willis.

Ha, ha...

It was...shoot, almost 30 years ago...I was living, at the time, with this woman who was a bartender at the Improv...we lived just up the street...so I stroll out to have a drink, and hang with my girlfriend at the time...

Now, two stools, or so, down...there's this guy. He's wearing a fedora, and a black t shirt; he's about the same size as me (I'm a little over 6 feet, around 200, pretty good shape; I wasn't that much different 30 years ago.

I'm pretty sure I didn't unconsciuously recognize him from any TV show or TV promo I had recently seen-I think this was my first impression of the guy.

Anyway-I notice this guy-and this guy-he is

Fuckin' Mesmerizing.

Just fuckin' magnetic.

Just-for whatever reason-I'm overcome with the feeling that, for whatever reason, this is just the coolest motherfucker I have ever seen, or been around, in my life.

So anyway, my dear darling girlfriend-she ended up shattering my heart later on, but that's another story-she comes up to me to say "hi" to her boyfriend at the time, and she points out the guy, and she asks me "do you recognize that guy?"

And I say "no."

"That's the Moonlighting guy."

Last edited:
Okay, honestly I read part of it and glanced down and saw "Moonlighting" and had to comment. I'm sure it was a good story.

Anyway, the movie was what it was; a lot of explosions, and jumping through paned glass and surviving going down long distances, and driving vehicles in unimaginable ways (well, unamiginable in real life anyway) and shit like that.

SPOILER ALERT:

John McLaine doesn't die in the end, but everybody who fucked with him does, at some point in the movie or other.

But you guys probably already woulda guessed that, woun'cha?

Back