Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wings v Blues 2/7

Yzermaniac

A few quick notes before the third...

Two periods into Petr Mrazek career and damn. Howard may be shitting his pants. I know, it's two periods of one game, but this kid looks legit.

The third and fourth lines heard our bitching and came to play tonight.
Goals by Cleary(thank god he got the monkey off his back), Kindl and Emmerton are not expected every night, nice to give the young goalie some run support.

Our power play still looks bad and St.Lou's number one PP in the league looks to be just that. No more dumb penalties in the third please.

Last edited:
Start the rook again, let Howie rest up. I would like to see him play a game against a team of Chicago's caliber.

That was a well executed hockey game from the Wings. The Blues were chasing all night and that always means one thing, there playing our game and were not playing theirs.

Tatar played solid again and I think he merits a roster spot for the time being. You can tell he can open it up offensively, but it looks like he is giving his defensive responsibilities more attention, which is great for a young player, but after a few more starts he should be able to open up his game some more. His back check in the third looked like a typical Datsyukian takeaway. My hopes are up for this kid.

And tonight's crown jewel, soon to be 21year old Petr Mrazek. Completely as advertised. Big save after big save, he has great vision and man did he look hungry. He played really aggressive and competely cool at the same time, you can see why his favorite players are Dom and one Pat Roy. I really wanted the shutout for him, and if not for a lousy too many men penalty, he may have gotten it. Having an asset like this makes me smile.

Man, I wish the Wings were on TV here. Watching highlights and looking at box scores just isn't the same.

It's great that Mrazek played that well. Hopefully it continues. My buddy said that he looked great out there.

Bummer, Mrazek was great.

I would suggest getting gamecenter live, but now we enter into Wings blackout month. Of the remaining 38 games, 21 will be blacked out on Game Center live, because they will be broadcast on either TSN, NBCSN, NHLN, or NBC. It's nice that get a lot of prime time games, but I wish they would reach an agreement for those of us who don't have a tv to still watch the game. My Buffalo Wild Wings(I live in Montana, not a great hockey state and this is the only place that shows hockey consistently, sad, I know) is going to see way too much of me.

Miller had a great game too. Three assists I believe?

Very encouraged by Mrazek. I think Howard needs to be given a little bit of competition to help elevate his game. He went on a roll when they tried to get Nabokov last year but after that fell through, he seemed to regress...this continued through the playoffs and now into the beginning of this season. Don't know how much of it has to do with not playing during the layoff. I know the D is giving up their fair share of breakaways but they're also not giving up 30+ shots a game, either. Howie's SV% is not impressive right now...at all...

Back