Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Grade 1st 1/4 of season

zyxt9

obviously this is a few games late, but how many of you previously realized 1/4 of the season was already gone? :(

anyway, i give them a B+.

say what? they don't grade like that in school anymore? ah...ok then...in that case, i give them a 3. statistically they are still not showing well, but the only thing that matters is points and playoff position, and this season it seems the Wings are running the race like Secretariat, seemingly disasterous coming out of the gate but slowly working their way up through the field. hopefully like Big Red, they turn it on down the (playoff) stretch and win the Cup!

Go Wings!!!

I'd give them a C. They are being carried by the top two lines, Howard has been inconsistent, special teams are terrible. The defense is slowly getting better, but we need some people to get healthy and some scoring depth on the 3rd/4th lines.

Last edited:
Id overall go with a B. Top lines have been producing still waiting on the bottom two lines to get there but i think as the season goes on they will get better as players start to get healthy and the lines shift to the way they were meant to be put together.

The defense has been at best inconsistent this year and that is probably too generous but there have been some positives Kronwall has shown the ability to take a major step up in min and has played fairly well. Same goes for Ericsson. Lashoff has emerged as a solid NHL defenseman and he may never have been given a shot unless the D got ruined like it did this year. Even Quincy has been invisible recently which for him is a good sign.

I like the way Howard has played this year, i know his save percentage isnt great but he definitely passes the eye test. I think the poor play in front of him has contributed to his stat line not being that great.

Back