Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Olympics thinking about dropping wrestling

I agree that's kinda stupid.

I do think the modern pentathlon is kinda cool though.

get rid of dressage or synchronized swimming

I could name a bunch that should be gone before Wrestling just off the top of my head: Sailing, Judo (the most boring Olympic sport ever), handball, beach volleyball to name a few.

handball would be a good one to drop.

I think some of the more obscure ones, like the shooting, sailing, rowing, horseriding events and combat sports are useful for preserving what used to be important human abilities.

Wrestling was part of the original Olympic Games; I think Methusalah was the first heavyweight Olympic Gold Medalist in wrestling.

Just don't make no sense.

I could name a bunch that should be gone before Wrestling just off the top of my head: Sailing, Judo (the most boring Olympic sport ever), handball, beach volleyball to name a few.

GTFO my Judo Mitch!! :argh:

Back