Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge close to deal w/ pirates

Goes from two playoff teams to the the Pirates? Hahahaha. I thought the A's had to have him? Lol.

The pirates were in the hunt for the playoffs a while last year too, maybe Inge puts them over the top?

The pirates were in the hunt for the playoffs a while last year too, maybe Inge puts them over the top?

He'll bat .211 with 4 HR, Pirates sneak into the playoffs and he's on ESPN front page.

Pirates are like the Lions, I'll believe it when I see it.

The terms of the deal were finally disclosed. The rest of the NL teams will chip in and pay Inge's salary if the Pirates make sure he is in the lineup when they play them.

3-20 .150 BAVG with 0 extra base hits so far this spring.

It isn't looking good for him to make the Opening Day Lineup.

"I'm getting used to NL pitching," said Inge. "It's much better than the AL. Everything is. And I'm making some outs on purpose to see how the defenses react. I've not hit a slow roller to the arm side of a left-handed pitcher yet, and I'll do that as soon as the opportunity presents itself. The Tigers never bought into my spring-training prep like the Pirates are. And we're next to last in hitting as a team, so you people should be more concerned about the other guys. Did I mention that the Tigers are last in team BA?"

I'd have made the entire team run the drill three times and sat Inge in a chair behind second base with a piece of chocolate cake and ice cream.

They should have Brandon doing mock strike-3-looking-headhshake-walking-to-dugout-with-a-stupid-smirk-on-face drills.

Brandon sent one of his bats to the Hall of Fame today via FedEx ground (USPS would not help him) because he heard Clemente had a bat displayed, and knew that visiting Pittsburgh children and their single mothers would be disappointed not to see his as well.

He said he hoped the hall would not have to take Clemente's [bat] down to make room for his, but said he understands that not many women 26-42 even remember who Clemente was anyways.

I read an article today talking about Pittsburgh and it talked about "super utility" man Inge :lmao: and it was about him being in the postseason and he could get Pittsburgh from playing badly at season's end with his quote "we didn't care what happened (referring to his time with the A's), just worry about one game at a time" :lmao:

Thanks for the insight Brandon.

Brandon sent one of his bats to the Hall of Fame today via FedEx ground (USPS would not help him) because he heard Clemente had a bat displayed, and knew that visiting Pittsburgh children and their single mothers would be disappointed not to see his as well.

He said he hoped the hall would not have to take Clemente's [bat] down to make room for his, but said he understands that not many women 26-42 even remember who Clemente was anyways.

Doesn't matter: the bat in the hall is not the one Clemente used to hit #3,000.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8755628

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/Roberto-Clemente-bat/enduring-mystery-roberto-clemente-bat

Brandon played 1B for Pittsburgh today and went 0-3...in 10 ST games Inge has posted a slashline so far of .120/.185/.120 w/ 3 hits, none for xbh, and 7 Ks. Can't see him making their 25 man roster out of ST even if he somehow was to have several multi-hit games during the remainder of March as a Pirate. Only one position player on the team has posted worse offensive stats in ~as many PAs.

No worries, someone will trade several nice prospects for Inge and he will lead his new team to the WS.

Brandon played 1B for Pittsburgh today and went 0-3...in 10 ST games Inge has posted a slashline so far of .120/.185/.120 w/ 3 hits, none for xbh, and 7 Ks. Can't see him making their 25 man roster out of ST even if he somehow was to have several multi-hit games during the remainder of March as a Pirate. Only one position player on the team has posted worse offensive stats in ~as many PAs.

Doesn't matter what his stats are. Inge holds incriminating photos. Always has.

Back