Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miami hears from the NCAA

redandguilty

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...0130219/miami-ncaa-notice-of-allegations.ap/#

The NCAA isn't going to look at the info they got by hiring Shapiro's lawyer, but they're still busting out the lack of institutional control charge.

I haven't seen the allegations, but the Miami response sounds like the NCAA couldn't find evidence of much of what was reported.

"Despite their efforts over two and a half years, the NCAA enforcement staff could not find evidence of prostitution, expensive cars for players, expensive dinners paid for by boosters, player bounty payments, rampant alcohol and drug use, or the alleged hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and gifts given to student-athletes, as reported in the media," Shalala wrote. "The fabricated story played well - the facts did not."

Shalala should tone it down if any of that stuff was stuff they couldn't look at because of the lawyer debacle.

Shalala should tone it down if any of that stuff was stuff they couldn't look at because of the lawyer debacle.

I agree. It's generally a good idea to consider yourself lucky and keep a low profile if you skate because of a technicality.

this being the NCAA though, they seem to have a high tolerance for doing nothing in the face of public taunts and other such monkeybusiness. I wouldn't try the same thing against a career-minded federal prosecutor, or in Texas (but only then if I was a minority or too poor to afford a good defense attorney).

Back