Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

***Cowboys Talk***

beez

Any Dallas Cowboys news or general talk can go here.

This just in: I hate the Cowboys.
grin.png

We have our 1st troll..should be plenty more to come. lol

Lions/Cowboys will be a good game Week 4 in Dallas. Lions had such poor tackling last year in that game and that McCann return td still gives me nightmares and swung the momenutm big time. Then the poor tackling started for Detroit and it got away from them with Kitna check downs the run game by the Cowboys. Durant,Tulloch,healthier Delmas, more experience Spievey should help this issue.

The Cowboys new Oline should be interesting vs the Lions Dline. The rookie Tyron Smith against Avril, Free vs KVB and a nice young Cowboys interior plus Kosier against Suh/CW/Hill and hopefully a Fairley.

Beez said:
We have our 1st troll..should be plenty more to come. lol

I thought the same thing when I saw a Cowboys only thread ;)

Good luck this season...

lionskillpack said:
Lions/Cowboys will be a good game Week 4 in Dallas. Lions had such poor tackling last year in that game and that McCann return td still gives me nightmares and swung the momenutm big time. Then the poor tackling started for Detroit and it got away from them with Kitna check downs the run game by the Cowboys. Durant,Tulloch,healthier Delmas, more experience Spievey should help this issue.

The Cowboys new Oline should be interesting vs the Lions Dline. The rookie Tyron Smith against Avril, Free vs KVB and a nice young Cowboys interior plus Kosier against Suh/CW/Hill and hopefully a Fairley.

Yeah I dont expect the oline to do well at all. I can already see that game unfolding. Assuming Romo is still alive by then, Dallas will be throwing a ton of slants and swing passes to try and negate the Lions interior D. It'll be quick, quick, quick and if the Lions make adjustments to jump some of those throws it could be a long day for Dallas. If the Lions sit back, it could go very well. We won't run on them but we rarely run on anyone anymore. Dallas can average 8 ypc in a game and end up with less than 100 team rushing yards.

Cowboys suck, Aikman was gay, Sanders was twice the RB that smith was.

That is all.

Beez said:
lionskillpack said:

Yeah I dont expect the oline to do well at all. I can already see that game unfolding. Assuming Romo is still alive by then, Dallas will be throwing a ton of slants and swing passes to try and negate the Lions interior D. It'll be quick, quick, quick and if the Lions make adjustments to jump some of those throws it could be a long day for Dallas. If the Lions sit back, it could go very well. We won't run on them but we rarely run on anyone anymore. Dallas can average 8 ypc in a game and end up with less than 100 team rushing yards.

Do you think losing Gurode and Leonard Davis will affect the running game. Jones has the speed to break one but those are two big guys paving the way. Plus we'll see what the rookie Smith can do. Choice and Murray are solid backups to spell Jones. Lions new LBs should help stopping the run but Avril is still a run liability. Coverage with the new Lions LBs will be interesting on Witten. Romo loves him some Witten.

Jerry Jones isn't fit to run a fantasy football team let alone " America's team ".

Trade Rape

To be taken advantage of in a most foul way while playing fantasy sports.

According to the FX show "The League", it is when a completely lopsided trade offer in a fantasy sport is accepted. It typically opens happens to n00bs.

lionskillpack said:
Beez said:

Do you think losing Gurode and Leonard Davis will affect the running game. Jones has the speed to break one but those are two big guys paving the way. Plus we'll see what the rookie Smith can do. Choice and Murray are solid backups to spell Jones. Lions new LBs should help stopping the run but Avril is still a run liability. Coverage with the new Lions LBs will be interesting on Witten. Romo loves him some Witten.

Oh hell yeah it will. Luckily Tyron Smith is looking like a future left tackle. The kid has impressed. I was a bit sketchy on him because I kind of thought he was the top tackle by default this year. Remember early everyone thought Costanzo was the best and then Smith came on later in the draft process. The line is shotty but hopefully some guys step in and play well. There are plenty of lineman in the league who werent high draft picks, no one heard of them and they became solid blockers.

As far as Felix goes..I look at Choice as the number 1. Felix will be the 8-15 carry guy he has been so far, but Choice will be the guy to get back to back carries for Dallas. I wouldntt be surprised with Garrett at the helm if we run the ball twice a game anyway. We'll see. This is the 1st year I'm not optomistic so maybe we'll actually win some meaningful games instead of flopping.

Beez...I've drafted Felix Jones. He is my RB2 (just not in week 1, I've benched him vs. the Jets). Will I regret it? Their Oline worries me.

I'm guessing you'll be extra frustrated. Garrett doesn't run the ball consistantly and Felix cant handle a work load. I'm thinking Choice (on average) rushes the ball 13-18 times and Felix rushes 8-15 while averaging a good ypc. Last years attempts for Felix go as followed: 8,7,7,15,14,9,8,5,14,11,13,22,13,12,16,11.... tough to trust a fantasy back who's carries fluctuate like that. He did catch 48 balls last year which could get you a little more amped if you're in a ppr league.

BTW his previous year he ran the ball under 10 times 9 of the 14 games he played in during the reg season. Like I said, tough to rely on a back who gets limited carries, no matter how good they are.

The Cowboys hope RT Tyron Smith can "fight through" his hyperextended knee.
It's a 2-4 week injury, but the Cowboys are encouraged by his history of playing through pain at USC. "He's doing better, day to day," coach Jason Garrett said. "He responded well to the treatment." Jermey Parnell is working with the first team in Smith's absence from practice.

Hopefully he is out for the 10/02 game

tsmith7559 said:
The Cowboys hope RT Tyron Smith can "fight through" his hyperextended knee.
It's a 2-4 week injury, but the Cowboys are encouraged by his history of playing through pain at USC. "He's doing better, day to day," coach Jason Garrett said. "He responded well to the treatment." Jermey Parnell is working with the first team in Smith's absence from practice.

Hopefully he is out for the 10/02 game

This is not good. Already weak line losing a bright spot thus far. Hope Tony is still standing week 2. The Jets will be after him.

SLICK said:
Beez said:
The Lions would be a better team with him.

no they wouldn't....

ok...

NFL--------------

Career passer rating of 95.5 - ranks fourth-best all time

2 time 4,000 yard passer

career 64% passer and was 70% before being injured last season.

118 tds to 62 picks.

#4 All-Time Yards Per Attempt: 8.1
---------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Cowboys team records
Career
Games with 300+ yards passing: 25 (previously held by Troy Aikman with 13)
Season
Games with 300+ yards passing: 8 (2009)
Passing TDs: 36 (2007); previously held by Danny White with 29
Passing yards: 4,483 (2009); only Cowboys' quarterback to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season (2007. 2009)
Completions: 347 (2009); previously held by Romo with 335
Game
On Nov 23, 2006, Romo threw 5 TD passes in a game, a record he shares with Troy Aikman.

Cowboys turned the franchise around with this guy at the helm. If he was a Lion you'd all love him.

Romo doesnt completely suck, but he's definitely the most overrated QB in the league (along with Eli Manning and Cutler). The Cowboys are an ESPN team just like the yanks, bosox, phillies and pats. Romo could have a Joey Harrington-esque season and ESPN would still call him an MVP candidate.

Spockmaster said:
Romo doesnt completely suck, but he's definitely the most overrated QB in the league (along with Eli Manning and Cutler). The Cowboys are an ESPN team just like the yanks, bosox, phillies and pats. Romo could have a Joey Harrington-esque season and ESPN would still call him an MVP candidate.

What makes him overrated? I only hear arguements on ESPN of deciding whether he's a top 10 qb or not. How does that make him overrated?

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Vick
and Ben are routinely listed in front of him, with the only arguements being Vick is a 1 year guy and Ben has always been able to lean on a defense and run game when not playing well.

Doesnt sound overrated to me. Just because people talk about you, doesn't make you overrated. The Cowboys as a team are overhyped every year though.

Back