Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Granderson out for 2 plus months

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Yankees announce Curtis Granderson has fractured right forearm (first inning HBP). Out for 10 weeks.

That sucks for Grandy. I still have a place in my heart for him even though he's god awful Yankee.

Yankees are a hot mess and its only the beginning of ST. They will need their pitching to be stellar if they intend to contend in the AL East, b/c their once vaunted "bombers" offense is suspect at best and maybe horribad at worst. Granderson wasn't exactly a hitting machine last season, with a barely mediocre .232 BA and nearly 200 Ks, but his defense was excellent and Curtis drove in a lot of runs and very nearly tied if not surpassed Miggy in homers on the final day of last season, IIRC. If the Yankees were even toying with the idea of trading him prior to the deadline, this injury could put an end to it.

"The Yankees announced that Granderson will be "major-league ready" in 10 weeks, or by approximately May 5."

That seem like an injury that might be a problem all season, considering the amount of torque those bones go through when you swing a bat.

I just read some info on that kind of fracture, "After the six weeks it takes for the bone to heal, there is still an adjustment period. Most patients can resume strenuous physical activities, such as contact sports and skiing, between three and six months after the injury. Stiffness at the site of the fracture may still be felt for up to two years following the injury, or even longer in older patients or those with osteoporosis.".

I hope they don't rush him back, and it heals properly.

Johnny Damon is tellin the media he could play for 6 weeks to fill in.

lololololololololol. the indians cut him last year, like the yanks will pick him up.

Back