Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 31

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics

Paulino scratched due to back spasms. Nate Adcock starting in his place. 1-1 4.56 ERA in 21 big league games...

Don't like Betemit and Raburn playing with Porcello pitching. I like Kelly in the outfield however.

If Dirks is called up on Setp. 1, can he be on the post season roster?

27tigers said:
Don't like Betemit and Raburn playing with Porcello pitching. I like Kelly in the outfield however.

If Dirks is called up on Setp. 1, can he be on the post season roster?

Why do you want him on the p,ayoff roster? Right now we have BB, Aj and DY. Though if BB can't make it, out for a particular round, someone as long as they play the same position can replace him on the roster. Regardless if he was eligible before.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]What Porcello will we see today?

Hopefully flyball Porcello, cause our infield defense leaves much to be desired.

Jhonny getting his rest, Wilson fail-with-bases-loaded Betemit at 3rd, and Ryan can-I-go-two-games-in-a-row-without-an-error Raburn at second.

Need our big bats to wake up, Miggy, Vmart, and Avila have been too quiet.....it's crunch time, wake the fuck up guys!

This is a pretty big game for Porcello and the Tigers. With Turner going tomorrow the Tigers need a win today.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="biggunsbob":f7xhjxyu]What Porcello will we see today?

Hopefully flyball Porcello, cause our infield defense leaves much to be desired.

Jhonny getting his rest, Wilson fail-with-bases-loaded Betemit at 3rd, and Ryan can-I-go-two-games-in-a-row-without-an-error Raburn at second.

Need our big bats to wake up, Miggy, Vmart, and Avila have been too quiet.....it's crunch time, wake the fuck up guys![/quote:f7xhjxyu]

Betemit has been over .300 this season with RiSP. Can't get 'em all in.

Avila, batting over .400 in August. Mart, our you fk'ing kidding me?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":byg1u367]

Need our big bats to wake up, Miggy, Vmart, and Avila have been too quiet.....it's crunch time, wake the fuck up guys!

Betemit has been over .300 this season with RiSP. Can't get 'em all in.

Avila, batting over .400 in August. Mart, our you fk'ing kidding me? [/quote:byg1u367]

I'm talking about this series Mitch.

Avila 0 for 6 with 2 BB

Vmart 2 for 8

Cabrera actually doing well, just does not feel like it 4 for 8

I'm just saying, these are the pitcher the big guys need to kill, I want them to pound guys like Hochaver and Francis.

There's a lucky break, 0 and 2 to gordon and he walks,
and a 6 - 4 - 3 double play and nice scoop by Cabrera on a crap throw from mudhen,

Pretty bad defensive infield but Rick is best when he keeps the balls down and gets a lot of ground balls. We will see. Hopefully the bats get going and put a bunch of runs on the board.

Jackson doubles over the bag at third,

Santiago drops a beauty of a sac bunt and Jackson takes third,

Young with a sac fly to center Jackson scores,

Tigers lead 1 - 0,

Cabrera first pitch hanging curve lines a rope to center for a single,

Martinez grounder to first,

royals pitcher with 7 pitches,

Tigers lead 1 - 0.

Back