Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL Re-allignment

cmlfactor

For next year. I hope it gets approved this time. I like it...puts 4 of the original six teams in the same division.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Division 1: Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto
Division 2: Carolina, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, NY Rangers, NY Islanders, New Jersey, Washington

WESTERN CONFERENCE:
Division 1: Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg
Division 2: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver

I like it too. F the Blackhawks, give me multi games a year against the Habs, Leafs and Bruins. Only problem I can see is when they want to expand next. Looks like the next two franchises will be west coasters. I've heard Seattle and Portland as possible destinations, but I thought they would end up with the Coyotes to get there franchise. Sorry Quebec and Toronto, but if the Wings get kicked back to the West when you get your new franchise, I will be pissed. I wonder how long it will be before they get two new teams to even it out?

They are gonna have to do some sort of wild card system too, to make it even for the teams who have 8 teams in their division rather than 7. Im just excited for no more 10:30 start times i really hate those games, not to mention the reduced travel for the playoffs. This def benefits the wings more than any other team IMO.

I also have a feeling that they talked about this behind closed doors this time to avoid the embarrassment they got last time from the announcement and then rejection of realignment.

Now that I look at it more, the only thing I would change is put Pittsburgh and Philly in our division rather than Florida and Tampa Bay. Blech.

Then move Carolina and give it to the other Ontario location, and Phoenix may yet move...Seattle OR Portland would work. Portland has been bidding for an NHL franchise for ages, according to a friend that lives up there.

Last edited:
Back