Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jim Bollman is new OC

johnny2x2x

Jim Bollman is new ofensive co-coordinator and TE coach

Was OSU's OC and O line coach from 2001-2011, but we all know Tressel called the plays all of those years but one. Shaky hire looking from the outside, but MD knows this guy a lot better than I do. He did coach a National Championship Offense and O line. He also is plugged into the Ohio recruiting scene pretty well.

Last edited:
I hope it works out. Hopefully he learned a lot about play calling in those ten years.

11 seasons as OC/O line coach. 7 B1G Titles, 9-2 vs Michigan, 3 NC games, 1 National Title, 10 O linemen to the NFL. Tressel called the plays, but Bollman was more than just the O line coach.

Didn't like the hire at 1st glance, and OSU fans hate the guy, but I'm starting to warm up to it. Dantonio coached at OSU with him, he knows what he's getting. OSU did great things with his help and he's got the NC ring to show off.

why do ohio fans hate him? guessing he was the "fall guy" then for losses for being "too conservative" in his playcalling (every fanbase has one). or maybe he was just not corrupt enough for them? did he have any role in "tatgate"?

Wow a coach with a NC ring thats huge. Oh wait Hoke has one.

I never understood why people value a championship ring by itself... how much of a contribution did the guy make?

I mean... Darko Milicic has a ring. So do lots of bench warmers and placeholder assistant coaches. Does the equipment manager get one too?

11 seasons as OC/O line coach. 7 B1G Titles, 9-2 vs Michigan, 3 NC games, 1 National Title, 10 O linemen to the NFL. Tressel called the plays, but Bollman was more than just the O line coach.

Didn't like the hire at 1st glance, and OSU fans hate the guy, but I'm starting to warm up to it. Dantonio coached at OSU with him, he knows what he's getting. OSU did great things with his help and he's got the NC ring to show off.

Barely took you an hour to toe the company line. Impressive.

Last edited:
Word is that Bollman is co-coordinator, but wont be calling the plays. Warner is going to call the plays. I like the fact that our former QB coach is calling plays.

Last edited:
That means he helps come up with the gameplan, probably the same job he had with Tressel.

That means he helps come up with the gameplan, probably the same job he had with Tressel.

That's what it looks like. But instead of O line, he's the TEs coach, which is what he did in the NFL.

Personally, that we were able to win 29 games the last 3 years with the incredible run of injuries we had on the O line is a miracle. I've never seen anything like it, we lost like 10+ starters/would be starters for most or all of seasons the last few years and we still fielded average lines. We've had to start 3rd or 4th string guys. With a normal amount of injuries along the lines the team could have been a lot better. So I am glad Staten is staying there, he's done a good job considering.

@MSU_Football

Mark Dantonio announced on Monday the hiring of Jim Bollman as co-offensive coordinator and tight ends coach. #Spartans

@MSU_Football

Dave Warner, who coached the Spartan quarterbacks for the last six seasons, has been promoted to co-offensive coordinator. #Spartans

@MSU_Football

In addition to his new role as co-offensive coordinator, Warner will now coach the running backs. #Spartans

@MSU_Football

Brad Salem, who has been the running backs coach for the past three seasons, will now coach the quarterbacks. #Spartans

@MSU_Football

Defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, the architect of the B1G's top defense the past two seasons, has been promoted to assistant head coach.

@ESPN_BigTen
Michigan State says Dave Warner will be the main playcaller, not Jim Bollman. Both are co-OCs

Narduzzi as assistant head coach is interesting. Could be a coach in waiting situation.

Last edited:
Back