Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

midseason grade

zyxt9

The wings did not wake up and improve after the first quarter. They need to find more than one gear to ratchet up and take things to a couple of higher levels from here out. On the cusp of missing out on playoffs at this point. Hopefully they can get it done, but it is more than a little disconcerting the position they are currently in.

My grade: C-

My Grade:

B+

The injuries they have sustained are immense. They have had twice the amount of games missed due to injury then the next team. That is absurd. And yet they are still in the playoffs. Also, they still have loads of cap space, so at the deadline when teams are forced to deal away players (yes forced, because lots of teams spent crazy, but next year the cap goes down hard. So many teams will use the trade deadline to get rid of the excess salary.) we can nab up some.

My Grade:

B+

The injuries they have sustained are immense. They have had twice the amount of games missed due to injury then the next team. That is absurd. And yet they are still in the playoffs. Also, they still have loads of cap space, so at the deadline when teams are forced to deal away players (yes forced, because lots of teams spent crazy, but next year the cap goes down hard. So many teams will use the trade deadline to get rid of the excess salary.) we can nab up some.

I give them a B and agree with you about the injury situation. I do see a little silver lining though I that I think that Tatar and Lashof have really shown that they can play in the NHL and are here to stay. I like Anderrsen also but I think he will get sent back down when/if we get healthy. I think we have the type of team this year that may not put up the gaudy numbers we are used to but if they can get in the playoffs, I think they will be a tough draw for any team. I like their grit up front, especially when Helm returns to the lineup. The big question is the defense, which I think has steadily improved as the season has progressed. If they can prevent the lapses in their own zone then this is a dangerous team come playoff time.

A B- because of the injuries.

Defense has been markedly better in the last handful of games...even in the losses. Lashoff has been a revelation and Big E is showing the benefits of increased experience and ice time. Even Quincey seems to have shaken off his early season dumbassitued. Smith has been good since returning to the line-up. White's been meh...but it is hard to establish a rhythm when you're in and out and in and out of the lineup. Can't even give Colaicavo a grade...haven't seen enough of him. I'm really hoping Holland has a trick up his sleeve at the trade deadline. This team can't afford to stand pat in the market anymore like they have the last several seasons.

Back