Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings vs Hawks

bdtay1971

Great effort somewhat wasted by 2 ridiculous delay of game penalties to close out regulation.

Very disappointing to surrender that goal in those circumstances.

Johan looks like he's carrying a few mules of his own on his back.

Win the shoot out and it's all good. We will never catch the Hawks so who cares about them getting a point.....other than a chance to end their streak.

These fuckin guys totally blew it today. The one thing that im furious about is Datsyuks sorry attempt in the shootout. He shoots the same goodamn way every shootout. Its the same goddamn move everytime. If he doesnt think other teams are scouting his nonmoves in ot, he had better wake up. Where is his stick handling genious he used to use in these damn things. Zetterburgs was also awful, especially for the final shot. I really hope these guys can hold the fort until the injured comeback.

Quincy not just wristing that clear also enabled the stick lift that freed the puck for Kane. Little things magnified.

Someone mentioned Franzen. I'm sick of waiting for this guy to elevate it to the next level (which we know he has, you don't score 5 goals in a game on a fluke.) Starting to think it is never going to happen.

I can't bash Ericcson as much as some of you. Today he probably played his best game in his NHL career to date...but a rolling puck goes over the glass and boom...'Hawks score. Thought we were starting to get some "puck luck" in the VAN and SJ games, but now it's back to the same old stuff...hit goalposts/crossbars and goalies standing on their fucking heads.

'Hawks continue to get all the breaks and we can't get a goddamn bounce.

Would have loved to have seen the Wings end the Hawk's stupid streak. It was not to be - that third period goal crushed my night.

. . . as if it wasn't crushed enough already by the Wednesday losses to the Kings and in the NCAAB to Penn State.

I had some Chicago native family members rub that loss in pretty good. Total crap.

Ericcson had no one around him when he loosed that puck into the seats. He had a dozen other options there, including even passing the puck to Howard.

Back