Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankees lose teixeira for 8 to 10 weeks

lolololololololol silly yankees. i hope they come in last this year.

At this rate it's going to be Robinson Cano and a AAA squad on opening day.

How ironic that the Yankees brass picked this offseason to slam their vault doors shut, while some of their highly paid veteran players left via FA or have dropped like flies from injury. Yankees fans had better prepare themselves for at least several season of mediocrity or worse, should their ballclub attempt to go and then remain under the luxury cap threshold.

Might be longer....

TAMPA, Fla. -- The injury that will keep New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira out of the lineup until May at the earliest is not a wrist strain, as originally reported, but a partially torn tendon sheath that could potentially require season-ending surgery.

As of now, the Yankees are still expecting Teixeira to heal without needing an operation and to rejoin the club after about 8-10 weeks of healing time.

But Teixeira, who arrived at spring camp Sunday morning with his right wrist in a cast-like splint and will rehab there for the rest of the spring, raised the possibility that his absence could be longer than that.

"This is one of those things I can't come back too early,'' he said. "We saw last season when I tried to play too early [with a calf injury] what happened. If I try to play too early from this we could miss the whole season, and we don't want that. I don't know if it's the beginning of May, the end of May, the beginning of June, I don't know when it is but we got a whole bunch of season left and the time that really matters is the playoffs.''

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman was surprised to hear Teixeira say the injury was to the tendon sheath, a covering that keeps the wrist tendon in place, rather than to the tendon itself. He called Yankees team doctor Chris Ahmad, who told him the injury was a partially torn tendon sheath but a stable tendon, an injury that generally heals without surgery.

"Ahmad told me if he had a fully torn sheath, it's automatic surgery, and if he had a partially torn sheath with an unstable tendon, it's automatic surgery,'' Cashman said. "This is a best-case scenario injury, the only one that can heal without surgery.''

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...-new-york-yankees-says-wrist-injury-do-tendon

"I don't know when it is but we got a whole bunch of season left and the time that really matters is the playoffs."

lol....playoffs???...Mark already talking about playoffs?!?...but the Yankees will be very fortunate, IMO, if they manage a .500 or better record, especially if their pitching cannot make up for the loss/lack of offense by the "Bronx Bombers"...at least for the first half of the season.

Last edited:
lots of Tigers fans hate the Yankees....
I just hope if they don't make the playoffs that the redsox finish lower than them.
f'n redsox and most of their fans.

I miss the old days at the post office, getting the boston globe and herald, cutting out pics of the redsox players and floating them in the 4 stalls in the mens room.
guys would come upstairs and say..."Dewey, Clemens, big papi are doing the backstroke", "who would do such a thing".
I've matured since then. lol.

lots of Tigers fans hate the Yankees....
I just hope if they don't make the playoffs that the redsox finish lower than them.
f'n redsox and most of their fans.

I miss the old days at the post office, getting the boston globe and herald, cutting out pics of the redsox players and floating them in the 4 stalls in the mens room.
guys would come upstairs and say..."Dewey, Clemens, big papi are doing the backstroke", "who would do such a thing".
I've matured since then. lol.

Thats so freaking hilarious!! I remember when you posted that awhile ago in another thread, and everytime I thought about it for a few days afterward, I would just bust out laughing...:lmao:

I admit that I secretly had rooted for both the red and white sox to break their historically long decades of WS futility in '04 and '05. But afterward I realized that most of both fanbases became insufferable fucking douchebags as a result of their ballclubs' championships, including reading their posts on ESPN's MLB General and their individual team messageboards. So now I deeply regret having done so, as had the blogger Rogo, who rooted for "The Idiots" to win the World Series in '04 and who even had "bought into it" by purchasing some books on the bosox "miracle" season and postseason.

Last edited:
I never felt bad for Pale or Pink Sux fans, simply because they could fall back the Bears/Bulls and Patriots/Celtics and often did, while talking shit the whole time.

Although, I have to admit I don't feel sorry for Indians fans either, who have to live in the worst place in America for sports futility (in terms of championships).

Now Jeter's surgically repaired broken ankle is giving him trouble again, which is what can happen when you are aging and still play or work at a physically demanding profession.

I "had" a stress fracture of the bone to my left 5th metatarsal over 8 years ago that gradually occurred over a VERY long period of time while @ work, and it has greatly pained me ever since. Unfortunately I missed over 5 months of uncompensated employment, since I could not prove nor point to an instance or any circumstance that led to or caused the fracture @ any given time during my tenure with the USPS.

Of course the prideful Derek is going to put on a brave face and claim that he is day-to-day, but his ankle could hamper his movement @ SS all season and force him to rest it more often, by DHing and/or missing a significant number of games.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...-york-yankees-scratched-lineup-soreness-ankle

Last edited:
Back