Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Don't forgot to say goodbye to the old Tiger board

biggunsbob

This new board is so much better... But we need to say goodbye to our old friend over at the old ESPN Tiger board..

I know sorta sappy..

ESPN, you suck. I hate you with all my will.

Regards,

Mitch.

I just made my final post on the team notes thread as I have daily with just the "This day in Tigers history" and a thankyou post.

I actually like it better than this board. I liked going back and forth to the MLB general & NFL general when there was nothing going on with the Tigers or Lions

tomdalton22 said:
I actually like it better than this board. I liked going back and forth to the MLB general & NFL general when there was nothing going on with the Tigers or Lions

This board is 100 times better, minus a couple things: no other teams fanbases/boards, and no General board.

But Monster did a great thing here, ESPN did not respect freedom like Monster does, and I don't mean the ability to post curse words.

No offense to Monster....I actually do like this board.....but there is nothing better about this board vs. the origial ESPN board except you can type pretty much any word you want.

tomdalton22 said:
No offense to Monster....I actually do like this board.....but there is nothing better about this board vs. the origial ESPN board except you can type pretty much any word you want.

Aside from the multi-fanbase option that ESPN gives you, nothing about it is better.

Slow refresh and post times?

A filter that is just silly on some words?

Not allowing an Avatar that features a current athlete, celebrity, or artist?

The in-ability to do anything about the really really bad trolls?

The stupid survey that pops up once a day?

A filter that is just silly on some words?

One big problem was the use of a filter for some silly things.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I had to put a space in some links because espn would not allow links from the "blogspot" sites.
Then from sites like baseball reference unable to post a link because of the letters "pos' which was innocent from one of the premier baseball sites used as position.
and yes that stuff about a player or team logo.
Better here, now I can also call a player a f'n 'whatever' instead of crumb.

At times it seemed like ESPN was on a crusade to ban any links that didn't link to their own website.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]A filter that is just silly on some words?

One big problem was the use of a filter for some silly things.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I had to put a space in some links because espn would not allow links from the "blogspot" sites.
Then from sites like baseball reference unable to post a link because of the letters "pos' which was innocent from one of the premier baseball sites used as position.
and yes that stuff about a player or team logo.
Better here, now I can also call a player a f'n 'whatever' instead of crumb.

made it hard to talk about Dick Drago!

Romneybot said:
At times it seemed like ESPN was on a crusade to ban any links that didn't link to their own website.

They were probably deleting their own links!

Back