Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rate my FF team.....

tonyballs

I'm running a money league at my work and here's my team....# 6 overall pick and it's a PPR league. 10 team league...

QB - A. Rodgers (Packers), M. Stafford (Lions)
RB - F. Gore (49ers), B. Wells (Cardinals), F. Jackson (Bills), D. Thomas (Dolphins), B. Jacobs (Giants)
WR - C. Johnson (Lions), R. Wayne (Colts), S. Holmes (Jets), S. Moss (Redskins), M. Williams (Seahawks), G. Little (Browns)
TE - M. Lewis (Jaguars)
K - S. Janikowski (Raiders)
D/ST - Lions

Rip it a part, boys..... ;)

You may need some fill ins at RB. Gore and Wells haven't exactly been pictures of health over the past few years. I like Jacobs and have him on my team. I'd feel better for you if you had a Hightower or higher RB as well to fill in. I'm not a D. Thomas fan but that oline can run block so who knows.

Here's my 10 team league team. I was pick #8

Qb. Drew Brees

Rb. Maurice Jones Drew
Matt Forte

Wr. Vincent Jackson,
Jeremy Maclin,
Aquan Boldin

Te. Jason Witten,

Def. Chargers

K. Mason Crosby

Bench.
Mario Manningham
Tim Hightower
Daniel Thomas
Sam Bradford
Willis Mcgahee
Roy Williams
Ricky Williams

Outside of V Jax your receivers are big boom or bust guys. Incorporate Manningham a lot and play the matchups game. You might want to start Manningham week 1 as Nicks will be covered by Hall. Other than that you have good depth and keep an eye on Hightower I know it is overrated now to call him underratted but he could be the steal of the draft.

I have super mario starting now. I just copied and pasted how the computer set it up from the draft. I know my WRs are my weak point but I think having witten will help.

My skill players will probably be, mjd forte hightower jackson mario and witten.

cheeno said:
You may need some fill ins at RB. Gore and Wells haven't exactly been pictures of health over the past few years. I like Jacobs and have him on my team. I'd feel better for you if you had a Hightower or higher RB as well to fill in. I'm not a D. Thomas fan but that oline can run block so who knows.

Yeah, i feel my weakest position is RB. I have some bandaids starting at the position ???. I wanted Hightower in a big way but he was taken right before i had a chance. I feel i waited a little too long on my TE and grabbed up Lewis...meh. I just went and picked up TE L. Kendricks (Rams). He's scored a TD in every game this preseason and Bradford supposedly loves the kid.

As for Thomas - Bush is one hit away from IR every time he touches the ball. Thomas will be toting the rock sooner than later IMO...

(12-man league, .25 ppr, WR/TE flex)
I picked 10th. I know my RBs are weak but I tried to grab good depth on the bench. QB is questionable, although I really like Bradford this year. Waited a bit long on the TE.

QB: Bradford, Garrard
WR: A Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Wes Welker, D Amendola, Jacoby Ford
RB: LG Blount, Shonn Greene, Ingram, Tolbert, M. Barber
TE: K Winslow
D: Saints
K: Cundiff

Your RBs are not as weak as you think. Those two are probably the only two 300 touch, true #1 rbs, outside the top ten. They will score you points.

Your qbs are definitely scary. I made a prediction earlier this year for Bradford of around 3,900 yds 25 tds, that is a guess because he is only in his second year, and a sophomore slump is just as possible.

At TE Winslow isn't a bad option, although not consistent week to week, you may want to do what Tony did and take a flyer on Lance Kendricks if he is still out there in your league.

Yeah the QB situation went haywire after some fool took Stafford with the 23 pick. I was not willing to participate in the rush and was happy to get Bradford in the 7th even though there is a lot of risk. My season pretty much rests with Bradford.

I had a short bench so i did not back up most spots. Went heavy WR early so my RB's are weak.

QB: Roethlisberger
WR: A. Johnson, Fitz, V Jackson, Marshall, A.J Green
RB: Hillis, Moreno, Grant, F. Jackson, Addai (dropped D. Thomas since the word is he is in the dog house)
TE: V. Davis
K: Hartley
D: Detroit

You know your wrs are money, Rapelisburger and F. Jackson are good values who will play above where you drafted them. Can Hillis do it again? I don't know. Your kicker is out a month or more I think, easy to grab another, I suggest Henery if his isn't taken.

cheeno said:
Your qbs are definitely scary. I made a prediction earlier this year for Bradford of around 3,900 yds 25 tds, that is a guess because he is only in his second year, and a sophomore slump is just as possible.

Just heard from a guy holding Eli as a backup that he wants to get rid of him. He has a need at WR.

If you can ship him Danny or Ford I'd say do it, but wouldn't go higher. I have Eli as my starter and I'm shitting myself after the preseason.

I'm really happy with my team. 10 man league, no ppr, one defensive player.

qb - rivers
qb - stafford
rb - charles
rb - blount
rb - deangelo williams
rb - benson
rb - starks
wr - nicks
wr - mi. williams
wr - s. moss
wr - sims-walker
wr - m. floyd