Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sportswriters Should Never, Ever Think They're Movie Reviewers Just Because They're..

tinselwolverine

...technically journalists; and just because they think they should be allowed to review a movie about sports just because they're sports journalists.

Because they're not movie reviewers at all; and they don't know their asses from their elbows when it comes to movie reviewing.

I just watched Mr. 3000 for the first time this weekend. It's a fairly old movie; maybe from five to ten years ago or so; and it was a pretty good movie, but I had never bothered to watch it before, primarily because some dumb fuck sports writer - as I recall it was Bob Ryan - revealed how the movie was going to end.

Years ago, Skip Asshole What's His Name from Texas, Skip Bayliss, maybe, reviewed Million Dollar Baby before I had seen it, he and gave away a critical - well, really, the critical plot point.

In his review, he wrote something like "nothing like this would ever have really happened in the sport..."

...and I'm thinking..."you're such a fuckin' moron...nothing in any movie would ever happen the way the way shit happens in real life, whether it has anything to do with sports, or not..."

I was pretty pissed at him, at the time, for having ruined that movie for me.

Movies are never ruined for me anymore because I don't watch them.

Back