Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

United States @ Mexico

Bragging Rights: The USA will always have that 2-0 victory in the Round of 16 at the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Korea. The goals by Brian McBride and Landon Donovan ousted a bitter Mexican side, and the bad blood from that match is still palpable today.
that was an awesome win. they rioted after that and cried like little girls. Mexico is like the MSU of world cup soccer

Only the second away point ever for us verses Mexico in Mexico...
(In world cup qualifying)..

In all fairness there should have been a penalty called on us.. We took a guy down from behind in the box...No call.. But 15 corner kicks is ridicules.. So tired of watching USA soccer and all we play is defense.. Do we ever try and score? Oh our Goalie was fantastic..

Back up goalie saves the day. I watched all 90+ minutes. Very fortunate they didn't get any PKs. Mexico is now in 5th place in the group.

wow. still solid, given how intensely they play us there.

that one win in Azteca we had... 2012... that was just a "friendly" right? I remember not being as impressed when I read about it.

wow. still solid, given how intensely they play us there.

that one win in Azteca we had... 2012... that was just a "friendly" right? I remember not being as impressed when I read about it.

Correct. Although if you read the Mexican newspapers the next day you'd think it was a World Cup final.

Back