Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Centerfield

tycobb420

This will probably be like the two other outfield positions...

Here is the board's team so far:

Catcher: Ivan Rodriguez
Left: Willie Horton
Right: Al Kaline
Closer: Willie Hernandez

if curtis could be more consistant id vote for him but i really dont know if this year is a fluke or not.

You have done well with your Tigers history Ty.
Jimmy Barrett was maybe the first Tigers star player.

Which outfield positions do you plan to have Gee Walker and Barney McCosky?

I really wish I wanted to vote for Cobb, but all I know are statistics and historical anecdotes. Numbers live far longer than the circumstances that surround them. He was exceptionally talented, and has the name I've always associated with the Tigers. But that doesn't remove the fact that he was an exceptionally talented racist cunt. Granted racism is a learned activity, but I'd rather not hold a candle to a historical figure who espoused it. I didn't know him, so I can't like him. However, I want to like him less than I want to dislike him.

Granderson was my Tiger for as long as he was one. He gets my vote.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]You have done well with your Tigers history Ty.
Jimmy Barrett was maybe the first Tigers star player.

Which outfield positions do you plan to have Gee Walker and Barney McCosky?

I ran out of room for them. The poll only allows 8 choices. I tried to stick to the guys that have played most games (per baseball ref) and then 3 others of consequence and I tried to weigh it with players people might know without looking them up.

Cobb with a 6-2 lead on the Grandyman. At one point, Cobb held 98 major league records.

PS: When I am done with the Tigers, I am thinking of doing one for all of MLB

This is similar to the Kaline poll, a few people should receive recognition votes, but any vote not cast for probably the greatest baseball player of all time Tyrus Raymond Cobb should be invalid.

MI_Thumb said:
This is similar to the Kaline poll, a few people should receive recognition votes, but any vote not cast for probably the greatest baseball player of all time Tyrus Raymond Cobb should be invalid.

In the Kaline poll, I voted after it got out of hand for Crawford just so he'd get a vote.

its gotta be cobb. he was a huge douche, but probably the best player ever.

Cobb up 17-3 over Grandy. Mickey Stanley with a vote. No love for Chet Lemon?

I voted for Austin Jackson.....just for shits and giggles.

I'd certainly take Cobb though.

Little known fact about Ty Cobb.........he was a racist.

Just kidding.

Back