Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ARoid to attend Opening Day ceremonies @ Yankee Stadium

turok

"Rodriguez, who will start the season on the disabled list after undergoing a left hip arthroscopy in January, did not spend time with the Yankees during spring training"

~snip~

"Yankees manager Joe Girardi said he was unsure if Rodriguez would dress and take the field for player introductions."

"I haven't asked. I don't see why he wouldn't necessarily do it," Girardi said. "He's part of our team. I don't know what the expectation is. But he's part of our team and I'm looking forward to seeing him."

C'mon Joe, as if you dunno what the "expectation" is?

Maybe it is b/c he really used the wrong words...instead of "I don't know what the expectation is", he should have much more appropriately said that he didn't know what ARoid's reception would be like, (IF he was to put on the pinstripes and walk onto the field) although he already damned well does know..lol.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...uez-yankee-stadium-opening-day-boston-red-sox

"Rodriguez faced the media briefly before the Yankees' home opener against the Boston Red Sox but chose not to subject himself to the Yankee Stadium crowd, which booed him in his last appearance here during last October's American League Championship Series."

"I haven't checked, but I don't need to be introduced to feel like I'm part of this team,'' Rodriguez said while surrounded by a media horde outside the Yankees clubhouse. "I'll tell you what, when I get introduced, I want to be on the field and not look back.''

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...guez-makes-appearance-new-york-yankees-opener

Yeah, ARoid, b/c if I was you, I wouldn't want to look back at 'em, either.

130408_2013_p465_original_original.jpg

Why is this even a story? He is a NYY, I don't get it..Was he suppose to attend the Rays opening day ceremonies..?

It has to do with the embarrassment he has created for his team, and the fact he's become so loathed in NYY, fans there even hate him more than Boston players.

Back