Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

astros defeat the rump-rangers in first game of MLB season

turok

I hate/loathe/despise the rump-rangers and their mostly secessionist fans, so to read that they lost tonight warms the cockles of my heart & fills it w/pure joy...:yay:

For one night, the Astros have the best record in baseball! XD

Any time the rangers lose makes me happy. any time they get destroyed makes me giddy.

Back to bleak reality for the Astros tonight, nearly were PGed By Darvish, who was perfect for 8.2 innings.

LOL@ last place angels

Angels must deal with the loss of their ace SP jerkhead weaver w/a broken elbow, but in the meantime it isn't just their pitching staff that is in disarray. Their offense that features 3 supposed studs is also mostly scuffling, being SHO 5-0 last night by the astros, who are now 4-6 to the angels 2-8.

Newly acquired OFer hambone, who was supposed to add power to their lineup, instead has been a virtual cypher on offense. Yeah, I know that fans of a team w/the snakebit VMart on it, and an unpredictably volatile & head-less BP, with a gas-can in Villaunrreal in it, shouldn't scoff at the misfortunes and travails of another, but VMart is strictly a DH, & is not being paid 25MM annually like josh b'gosh as a catalyst, but as a complimentary piece of the lineup.

Near the end of the game in the 9th vs the astros, josh who went 0-4 but got on base due to a FC, forgot that there were less than two outs, and was picked off while running to second to end the game, yet another brain fart by a player who did the same near the end of last season for the rump-rangers. But when it comes to gray matter, who nows how much is still left rattling around in that drug and alcohol-ravaged cavity between his ears...lol.

hambone's slashline is currently .179/.261/.231 w/ 14Ks, ZERO homers and only 2 xbh, in 39 ABs, both doubles (yeah, I know that Miggy has hit a measly 1 homer so far, but in stark contrast, he is hitting a robust .357/.426/.524 w/3 doubles and a triple).

Last season's WAR hero, AL ROY, and boy-wonder mike trout, who many baseball saberheads believed also deserved the AL MVP award over Miggy, has floundered @ the plate as well, in 44 ABs he is hitting a guppy-like .227/.277/.341, w/12Ks, 3 doubles and 1 triple, along with merely 1 RBI and 1 SB. even josh has driven in moar w/4 and Miggy is tied w/1 SB. He may well be headed to having an infamous and dreaded sophomore slump this season, although it is still too early to tell.

Only pooholes is measuring up to his career stats, while hitting a healthy .313/489/.594 w/3 doubles and 2 homers in 32 ABs.

@ CoPa, you kiss baseball:

drosu_medium.gif

But @ Angels Stadium, baseball kisses YOU!!

Twice!!

hamilton-doink.gif

boink...boink...whap!!...bobble...whap!!...boink-boink...>:D

Last edited:
Back