Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Weaver hurt again

Angels' rotation will take a big hit as long as the mercurial & temper-tantrum throwing hot-head Weaver is out. I still remember when he tried to head-hunt Avila w/a pitch after Carlos Guillen had showed him up by admiring and doing an exaggerated bat toss, along with a hop, skip, and a jump, while prancing towards first base on his solo homer. This awhile after Weaver had cursed out Ordonez for allegedly admiring his homer and while Maggs was supposedly taking too long to round the bases earlier in the game.

Karma's a bitch, ain't it Jered?

I watched it, they thought he was hit but the replay showed the liner missed him falling he must have braced or landed with the arm out/down to brace his landing.
One other thing with weaver is his velocity has dropped a bit more.
I was also surprised he wasn't screaming at the batter or the immediate world like he is prone to do. Maggs and Carlos send get wells jered.

lololololololololololololol

i never want people to get hurt, but sometimes i dont give a shit when they do. hes a fucking asshole.

That's 2 games a year.

Or you could look at it as roughly 1/3 of an inning per start difference.

2010-2012

1. C. Lee 7.29 IP/GS

2. F. Hernandez 7.15 IP/GS

3. J. Verlander 7.14 IP/GS

4. R. Halladay 7.12 IP/GS

5. C.C. Sabathia 7.11 IP/GS

6. J. Shields 6.86 IP/GS

7. C. Carpenter 6.80 IP/GS

8. C. Kershaw 6.79 IP/GS

9. M. Cain 6.78 IP/GS

10. R.A. Dickey 6.74 IP/GS

11. C. Hamels 6.71 IP/GS

12. D. Price 6.70 IP/GS

13. J. Weaver 6.69 IP/GS

14. C. Pavano 6.66 IP/GS

15. D. Haren 6.56 IP/GS

Notable others

F. Fister 6.42 IP/GS

E. Jackson 6.36 IP/GS

J. Lester 6.30 IP/GS

G. Gonzalez 6.21 IP/GS

A. Sanchez 6.18 IP/GS

M. Scherzer 6.02 IP/GS

J. Jurrjens 5.96 IP/GS

R. Porcello 5.85 IP/GS

S. Strasburg 5.59 IP/GS

Probably shoulda just put jerkhead weaver on the 60-day DL, b/c he broke his elbow, would be surprised to see him return in <8 weeks, to pitch likely a week or more of rehab starts in the minors even though it is not his pitching arm.

Angels' big bruisers are not hitting very well to start the season, and their roto was a bit suspect, even before their ace went down, and it reflects in their crappy 2-5 record thus far. Losing him for a sizable chunk of the 1st half of the season in the AL West doesn't bode well for their chances of remaining in contention, obviously, unless they were to make a trade for a halfway-decent veteran SP. Angels fans likely weren't very happy, when they lost Green Key to the Dodgers via FA...that is...until they signed josh, b'gosh. But he ain't done Jack Shit on offense as yet, putting up a pathetic .138 BA, no homers, just 1 xbh...and already having 11Ks in merely 29 ABs...bwaahaha!!

Last edited:
Back