Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Finally and at Last; the Totally and Completely Unofficial NCIS Thread

For you guys who aren't from the Michigan board...I actually met the the guy, Michael Wetherly, the guy who plays Dinozzo on NCIS one day, when I was out walking my dogs...

...and I posted about it on the Michigan board...although I'm not 100% sure those guys (or gals like MichLady) will remember that I posted about the day that I met the actor who plays Dinozzo one day, when I was out, walking my dogs...because I only posted about it (I'm pretty sure) just the once...

I remember you posting about DiNozzo sp.
Michael Wetherly.

You had the pic or his pic in your avatar for a day or two right?

This week was a great example of what this show does that others just don't seem to be able to do, IMO: the cliffhanger that ties in a future episode. Sometimes it is the very next episode, sometimes it is a couple episodes away, maybe even a year. And sometimes they end the show without the cliffhanger. The way they mix them in and don't always have it continue directly into the following week is something I have yet to experience with another show. I know shows like 24 would lead directly week to week, but the fact NCIS is not continually doing it is unique in itself, but then sometimes leaving it unresolved for several weeks, I love it. I know CSI sometimes will do it, but not as effectively, same with NCIS LA.

How many people also watch NCIS LA?

How many are looking forward to NCIS: Red?

I watch LA, but it isn't nearly as good as NCIS. I tolerate Kensi would not be opposed to them writing her out, her acting does not keep me very interested and her character is not appealing. Chris and LL definitely carry the show and glad they brought in Deeks character. The IT team and all their cool toys have been fun, love seeing high tech playing a role in a show in an effective way. And gotta love Hetty, as much for the over-the-top way she is a super agent as for having Linda Hunt play the role.

NCIS: Red spinoff I don't think is going to make it. I'll watch the first few episodes, but outside of Scott Grimes I find the cast weak. The concept of being in different locations week to week is a nice change, I just am not sure how well this cast is going to pull things together. Gillian Alexy actually makes Daniella Ruah worth of an Emmy, horrid acting. It bothers me when shows think they can just throw on some pretty woman regardless of acting talent. Give me a talented actress who is not as attractive any day. The eye candy onlyl lasts so long and at some point becomes something you stay away from because they annoy you. It's like a supermodel girlfriend who you just cannot take the mental side of the relationship anymore. Sure you tag it for awhile, but it doens't take too long before you call it quits. Alexy sure seems to be one of those types, and she isn't even THAT attractive which doesn't help much.

How many people also watch NCIS LA?

How many are looking forward to NCIS: Red?

The original NCIS I have watched for number of years.
When the LA first came out, I didn't think I would like it...Gave it a chance by watching and liked it. I agree about all that in the IT.

Haven't heard / didn't know there is to be a new NCIS.

I remember you posting about DiNozzo sp.
Michael Wetherly.

You had the pic or his pic in your avatar for a day or two right?

It's become one of the numerous humerous themes on the Michigan board, the number of times I've posted about story...

I watch both of the current ones. The characters on NCIS are pretty damn good. Not sure I like Rocky all that much, but Harmon makes the show. I believe I have watched every episode. One of my favorite is Pin Pin Pula (sp), and Gibbs losing his memory in an explosion. That is a classic.

In NCIS LA, the agents aren't too bad. Kallen (sp) and LL's character are pretty good, but I continue to come back to watch Henrietta (Hunt). She is one of my all time favorite characters from TV drama. Reminds me of the frail little nun in grade school that could come into a room full of unruly kids, and shut them up with a look. The episodes of her and the rest of the team in Romania taking on the mafia there was fantastic TV. I still watch the re-runs of those and am glued to the TV when they are on.

Last edited:
My wife is a big fan of both shows so I end up watching them a lot. The Kensi character is pretty one dimensional and can be annoying at times but she does serve as a good straight woman to Deeks' clown act. I am not sure the Deeks character would be as fun without her there.

Was not a fan of the ending to NCIS this past week. The whole unexpected T-bone crash is so overplayed at this point I had anticipated it even before the whole hand holding and sweet talking part started. Can't writers be a little more original? Maybe have the impact happen from behind the camera so you don't see the oncoming vehicle and at the sound of the crash go to black. Thay would at least be a little better way to do this cliffhanger, but even that would get tired after awhile. Just seen too many shows already do this stunt.

Might time to bring in some new writers with fresh ideas.

Go get 'em Tinsel!

It was a surprise to me, you must have esp zyx. New writers would mean show ends. And the hand holding thing never means a thing. There won't be romance between the two, thank goodness - that always is bad for a show. Still the best show out there, though IMO Burn Notice is catching up..

NCIS LA blows.

It was a surprise to me, you must have esp zyx. New writers would mean show ends. And the hand holding thing never means a thing. There won't be romance between the two, thank goodness - that always is bad for a show. Still the best show out there, though IMO Burn Notice is catching up..

NCIS LA blows.

I wish it was ESP, but I've just seen it too many times before.

Agree the hand holding means nothing. They keep trying to indicate they love each other, but that would be horrible for the show like you said.

Burn Notice is a show I have watched, but I find several aspects annoying. It is more a modern day A-Team IMO, the TV version not the movie which was surprisingly very well done.

Elementary has quickly jumped up to my #2 just fractionally behind NCIS. Burn Notice is at the bottom of my top 10, but I have a feeling will be dropping out soon.

Back