Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Frank

tazmac

According to the ESPN app on my phone, Lawrence Frank has been fired. So who will coach the Pistons next? Phil Jackson is said to be itching to come back.

If Phil wanted to coach the Pistons, I would be all for it. Of course, I don't think Gores would go for 10 million a year on a coach. Also, for as big of a name as Phil is, I don't know how much to take from his history. He had MJ, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe for the majority of his career. Do we even know how much he would do for a team like Detroit, with only two high end talents (none of which are elite yet) on the entire team?

For my short list, I have 4 candidates that I hope the Pistons at least interview:
Stan Van Gundy - Obvious Drummond-Howard parallels, Stan got that Magic team to the finals, and built a great offense/defense essentially around one great player.

Mike Budenholzer - Long time San Antonio assistant that Pop has mentioned knows the offensive system better than anyone. If he could replicate half of what Pop does, he would still be great.

Ron Adams - The next Tom Thibideau imo. Defensive guru who has turned around porous defenses and been instrumental in elite ones.

Bill Laimbeer - Already knows the NBA game, and could be especially useful as a mentor for Monroe/Drummond. Learned coaching in the WNBA, and I think is ready to try managing NBA players.

Back