Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Orleans Nickname changed from Hornets to Pelicans

turok

Everytime I hear or see the word pelican, I always think of the movie "Scarface" with Al Pacino portraying Tony Montana, while sitting in that huge hot-tub with the TV remote in his hand, saying "look at the pelicans" "Come on pelicans...fly, fly away!!" (when they were actually flamingos....lol!!)

emvideo-youtube-YE8nCNLylEM.jpg

A
nyway...I thought that New Orleans should never have had to give up the nickname Jazz, as since when does Utah have anything to do with jazz music anyway?? They should have had to come up with an original nickname that was more befitting or representative of their state, such as the Borax, Tumbleweeds, or Anthrax. Maybe the Polygamists or the Kolobites (Mormons believe that there is a special planet named "Kolob").

Same with the "Lakers" when they moved from Minneapolis to Los Angeles. There aren't any lakes around LA. They should have been more aptly/accurately named the "Smog"

Hornets officially become Pelicans

Last edited:
Back