Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

tUtterly Unoffocial (and not to Mention Absurd) NBA Playoffs Thread, 2013 PLUS 2014

Its hard to care, the Heat or Thunder will win. Most likely the Heat.
Theres no magic in the NBA, just money and lopsided talent.

Last edited:
Lakers are swept in an opening-round series for the 2nd time, the 1st time since 1967.

F'n Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really playoff basketball news but my family and I sat next to Dwayne Wade at dinner tonight. I am not a Heat fan at all but it was cool to see a top player while on vacation in Miami. And if anyone is an old school rap fan we ran into KRS1 while checking into the hotel. My older brother was more excited about that than seeing Wade.

Not really playoff basketball news but my family and I sat next to Dwayne Wade at dinner tonight. I am not a Heat fan at all but it was cool to see a top player while on vacation in Miami. And if anyone is an old school rap fan we ran into KRS1 while checking into the hotel. My older brother was more excited about that than seeing Wade.

I don't think Wade was on vacation. I think he probably lives in Miami.

Its hard to care, the Heat or Thunder will win. Most likely the Heat.
Theres no magic in the NBA, just money and lopsided talent.

Actually there is...they're in Orlando. Unless you meant Earvin, in which case you're correct.

Earvin Magic is in the MLB now, isn't he?

Yes. He's a Dodger....kind of. He wears suits in their front office. Or maybe back office. But not because of his skin color if it is the back office. I'm sure whatever office he's in is nice and non-segregated. And he probably doesn't wear a suit now that I think about it. Business casual at best. It should be noted there's no separate office for Jason Collins either so his plight might not be the same as Jackie Robinson's. Wait am I crossing threads now? Hopefully it's not like crossing streams in Ghostbusters, that would be bad....

Has anybody been winning any of these playoff games that I see they've been playing when I watch SportsCenter?

Yes. He's a Dodger....kind of. He wears suits in their front
office

I seen pictures of him wearing a Dodger hat. When he's on TV representing the Dodgers, I've generally seen him in a suit with a Dodger hat on.

He wears suits as a basketball analyst/Laker rooter on television.

Nice suits too, they're probably pretty expensive.

I wonder if he took advantage of the buy one suit get two free at Jos. A. Bank that I saw advertised on TV over the weekend.

Probably not, huh? Earvin's guy probably doesn't advertise...

I wonder if he took advantage of the buy one suit get two free at Jos. A. Bank that I saw advertised on TV over the weekend.

Probably not, huh? Earvin's guy probably doesn't advertise...

I imagine not.

I would expect that he goes to a tailor in Beverly Hills, and gets his extra tall suits custom made...

This thread is still completely absurd; but I had to delete completely from the title in order to add this year.

I thought I heard on the news something about the NBA playoffs being underway, is that right?

Did anyone win last year?

Back