Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Payne returning!!!

johnny2x2x

Adriean Payne coming back for his senior year!

The 1st game if the 2013-14 season should be #1 Kentucky vs #2 MSU.

GO GREEN!!!

Glad he is, they would have been hurting without him.

Still would have been a top 15 or 20 team without him. He just brings us to another level. Health more than anything held a back this year, didn't have all our guys close to healthy all season. Dawson now has an off season to work on his game, can he develop a 15 footer? How much will Valentine and Costello improve? How good will Trice be finally with a healthy off season, thought his career was in jeopardy last off season and the concussions on top of the illness. Harris wasn't at full strength all season and Appling had a bad shoulder, knee, and foot. Even Costello missed some valuable time with injuries.

Could be a special season.

Last edited:
Very excited for next year. I really thought Payne was gone, but with him back, and everyone else ( except Nix ), expectations will be very high. I can't wait !!!

surprised he's not getting a lot of playing time in the world university games. not sure what's up there

surprised he's not getting a lot of playing time in the world university games. not sure what's up there
He's been starting. I think they are just saving him for later. He started today and only played 9 mins against the Czech Republic. Picked up 4 fouls in that 9 mins so I'm sure that played a part too. Finished with 7 pts, 6 boards, 2 steals, an assist and a block though so he's been pretty active for his low mins.

I expect that his mins will increase when they play better competition as the tourney goes on.

Also, good to see you over here sbee. The MSU board is pretty slow during the offseason, but the Tigers forum is very active with good posters.

Last edited:
espn is shutting the boards down officially in a few weeks. I post on rivals a lot, it's nice because nobody trolls there but I also like a good troll fight sometimes. it keeps me on my toes

as far as AP goes, he hardly played at all in the UAE game and that was a complete blowout. the only thing that I can think of is an injury because everyone else got a lot of minutes

Whoa, Sbee is over here now. You going to bring some of those other guys here from ESPN ? I might have to start posting here more if we get a better crowd.

espn is shutting the boards down officially in a few weeks. I post on rivals a lot, it's nice because nobody trolls there but I also like a good troll fight sometimes. it keeps me on my toes

as far as AP goes, he hardly played at all in the UAE game and that was a complete blowout. the only thing that I can think of is an injury because everyone else got a lot of minutes
Could be nursing something. I'd think he'd be held out completely though if he was.

Also, just post on the Michigan board here a couple times. That'll keep you on your toes. Quiluse is there. I'm sure it won't take you long to figure out which one he is.

Could be nursing something. I'd think he'd be held out completely though if he was.

Also, just post on the Michigan board here a couple times. That'll keep you on your toes. Quiluse is there. I'm sure it won't take you long to figure out which one he is.

after being on this board for a day, I've figured out that it was created by Michigan fans, for Michigan fans. the MSU board is here mainly for people to troll on. hopefully that changes a little bit

after being on this board for a day, I've figured out that it was created by Michigan fans, for Michigan fans. the MSU board is here mainly for people to troll on. hopefully that changes a little bit

if more MSU fans come on board, it will.

while this board was the brainchild of Monster, a Michigan fan, really only about half the mods are Michigan fans; the other half are Detroit sports fans generally. not sure if there is a single MSU fan mod. maybe that should change.

I think the Michigan espn board was always more lively than the MSU one, and most of us ended up here when ESPN rolled out their new format a couple seasons ago. the same thing didn't happen as much with MSU, although I know the invitations were extended to both boards, as well as the Tigers, Lions, Pistons and Wings' boards.

you guys also have the RCMB though, which seems to absorb the lion's share of the MSU fanbase.

I guess our closest equivalent would be MGoBlog, but a lot of Michigan fans don't really like it that much (myself included) and our online presence as a fanbase seems more spread out.

if more MSU fans come on board, it will.

while this board was the brainchild of Monster, a Michigan fan, really only about half the mods are Michigan fans; the other half are Detroit sports fans generally. not sure if there is a single MSU fan mod. maybe that should change.

I think the Michigan espn board was always more lively than the MSU one, and most of us ended up here when ESPN rolled out their new format a couple seasons ago. the same thing didn't happen as much with MSU, although I know the invitations were extended to both boards, as well as the Tigers, Lions, Pistons and Wings' boards.

you guys also have the RCMB though, which seems to absorb the lion's share of the MSU fanbase.

I guess our closest equivalent would be MGoBlog, but a lot of Michigan fans don't really like it that much (myself included) and our online presence as a fanbase seems more spread out.

it's spread out, RCMB is huge but I never joined, I preferred to keep my posting to one or two boards. I love Rivals just because of Comp and PK and the inside info but that's $$.

Ah, now this is an interesting development. Green and White has somebody to help him when he's getting pounded.

Ah, now this is an interesting development. Green and White has somebody to help him when he's getting pounded.

maybe because it's a 10 on 1 argument in most cases. I remember this from the ESPN boards, i'd make a point and then i'd have 20 people piling on, logic gets drowned out by the noise.

it's spread out, RCMB is huge but I never joined, I preferred to keep my posting to one or two boards. I love Rivals just because of Comp and PK and the inside info but that's $$.

I have been on RCMB for awhile. It is highly entertaing, but a lot of OT. Football and basketball season is fun though. I haven't been on ESPN boards since the fallout. Mainly just RCMB and here once in a great while.

maybe because it's a 10 on 1 argument in most cases. I remember this from the ESPN boards, i'd make a point and then i'd have 20 people piling on, logic gets drowned out by the noise.

Eh, there isn't too much of that here. Anyway, good to have guys like you, GW and the rest of the MSU crew here. I'm sure I'll insult you at a later date, but you guys are the cream of the crop. Well, except for Johnny2X, that miserable piece of shit.

Eh, there isn't too much of that here. Anyway, good to have guys like you, GW and the rest of the MSU crew here. I'm sure I'll insult you at a later date, but you guys are the cream of the crop. Well, except for Johnny2X, that miserable piece of shit.

I try to be realistic in my arguments and give credit and criticism where it's due. looking forward to a new place to post and some more activity

Hey DR, don't forget about our bet.

What was it again ? Appling would avg more pts than Walton this year right ?

Back