Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2013 Kentucky Derby

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Who will be betting on the Derby and/or the card this Saturday?

I will be going to Foxwoods with some friends for the days racing.

Any horse(s) you like for the Derby? Got a system? Got a hunch bet a bunch.

I will do some 'nitwit' bets as we call them which is to bet the longshots, and then handicap the card. This has worked to my advantage/profits the past three years for Derby day and Breeders Cup weekend.

Not big on the Derby but I always have a friendly wager with my wife. This year: Black Onyx - 50-1.

I don't even know who won the Santa Anita Derby this year.

I forget the name of the horse that won the Derby and the Preakness last year; but that horse was last year's Santa Anita champ.

Anyway Kaline, that would be my system - always bet on the Santa Anita champ.

Last edited:
I don't even know who won the Santa Anita Derby this year.

I forget the name of the horse that won the Derby and the Preakness last year; but that horse was last year's Santa Anita champ.

Anyway Kaline, that would be my system - always bet on the Santa Anita champ.

hey TinselWolverine,
My memory of last years KD is I'll Have Another won 2012 Derby.

So going by your system, Goldencents won the Santa Anita Derby last month, so that's the horse!

Good Luck gambling guys. I will also do rolling doubles and 50 cents and/or 1 dollar pick threes along with the longshot bets.

I'll be wagering KC. Not sure who yet, but I'll be in...no system for this guy, I know horses like I know the roster of India's national cricket team

I'll be wagering KC. Not sure who yet, but I'll be in...no system for this guy, I know horses like I know the roster of India's national cricket team

haha,
There's my pal.....Elrod good luck on Saturday! Hope we can celebrate winning at the races with a nice cigar.

I see that Goldencents is getting way more love from gamblers this year than I'll Have Another did last year...

My Dad has had a ring, for as long as I can remember, with a Black Onyx. That's a big sign that its his win..take it to the bank boys..

How'd you make out KC?

I ended up not wagering at all. I had to work a beer festival Saturday, so my initial plan was to place my wagers Friday, but I got lazy and convinced myself I'd have enough time after the fest, but I was wrong about that. Fortunately...I would have come away empty handed...

Back