Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Boesch sent down

Yeah, saw this yesterday but figured it was a foregone conclusion that Brennan was the odd man out in an OF of Granderson, Wells, Ichiro, and Gardner, I am sort of surprised they didn't DFA him, unless they''re worried about someone elses health.

well, so is boesch. if i have a choice between boesch or ichiro on my roster, ill take ichiro. at least he still has some speed and defense. boesch is useless.

Agreed that Ichiro still has value with speed and defense, but he will not win games away from Yankee stadium with his bat! Hence why Boesch is not DFA. There is always next year and I cannot see the Yankees retaining Ichiro beyond this year.

I may be wrong, but I still feel Boesch can be a dangerous hitter. Given the right coaching.

He didn't get much of a chance this season with missing time in ST and only getting 41 PA's with the Yanks. He's never going to be a star, but I can see him filling a role player need.

Back