Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Xbox One

Going in I wasn't going to get one, but now I'm kinda geeked. They didn't really talk about the games but I'm sure they were holding some back for E3 next month. I like the snap thing. I'm always playing with other media going on, streaming on lap top, music, so this puts it in the same spot. 500 gig is kinda small for the HD but I guess I can just add an external.

Last edited:
500 is probably enough for just games. Music and video will probably stream from other windows devices.

...maybe. What's a big game these days 25gig?

Last edited:
I wasnt impressed. My media PC already does all of that extra stuff and only cost me like $250 in parts to build.

also:
249141_852891952643_1460570894_n.jpg

lols

that being said, i have no plans to buy the ps4 or wii u either. like i said ive already got a media pc, and any money i would spend on a new console im going to dump into doing a partial rebuild on my gaming computer and building a new media pc with a much smaller footprint and an APU so i can not have a tower next to my tv stand. i dont really do any console gaming anymore. the last 2 games i played on my ps3 were FF9 and FF8.

Interface is a big deal. I have a wii u and love it, but 90% of what I do with it is watch netflix. I've never had an xbox, but the TV interface is something I'll pay attention to. We'll see if it works as promised.

If I was a TV writer, I'd be temped to put xbox voice commands in the dialog of my scripts.

500 is probably enough for just games. Music and video will probably stream from other windows devices.

...maybe. What's a big game these days 25gig?

Seems like they are going to downloadable content so 500 doesn't seem like much especially since the cheapest laptop at bestbuy has 500. Games are about 20-25 along with blu ray.

Last edited:
Uncharted games are right at 20G. But there are many other that are graphic intensive that are in the 10-12 range. So you never know.

But if you need more space, delete and re-install when you want to play again. I have 120 on the PS3 slim so if they go to 500 on the 4, that's huge.

Interface is a big deal. I have a wii u and love it, but 90% of what I do with it is watch netflix. I've never had an xbox, but the TV interface is something I'll pay attention to. We'll see if it works as promised.

If I was a TV writer, I'd be temped to put xbox voice commands in the dialog of my scripts.

The XBOX 360 has access to netflix through XBOX Live already. That can only get better. :*)

I'd like to see if they cleaned up the interace to Kinect.

seems like they cleaned it up especially since one comes with every console. The voice and motion controls look sick. All they need is to buy a cable provider and offer the service through xbox live since it can basically double as a set top box.

Last edited:
They saying with the new Partnership with EA Sports, that almost all DLC will be on the xbox a week prior than any other system. And that in the future all EA games will become exclusive to the Xbox. Along with other partnerships doing the same Hulu, Netflix, ESPN, NFL, etc.

They already do that with COD which is nice. I think the ps has some games like that too. E3 is going to be fun this year, might have to see about going.

Uncharted games are right at 20G. But there are many other that are graphic intensive that are in the 10-12 range. So you never know.

But if you need more space, delete and re-install when you want to play again. I have 120 on the PS3 slim so if they go to 500 on the 4, that's huge.

I've only got a 20 gig right now so that's what I have to do and its a bs hassle. It's more for movies cause you can buy and download and own them out right, would be a hassle to do that unless you can watch while it re downloads.

Xbox is gonna put Sony right out of business. They are forcing any associated company that has interest in TV, to eventually go exclusive with Microsoft.

Xbox is gonna put Sony right out of business. They are forcing any associated company that has interest in TV, to eventually go exclusive with Microsoft.

if they do that, sony will sue them for anti-trust violations and win. AMD did the same thing to intel several times and won handily both times to break intel's monopoly of exclusivity, especially with Dell.

I wasnt impressed. My media PC already does all of that extra stuff and only cost me like $250 in parts to build.

that being said, i have no plans to buy the ps4 or wii u either. like i said ive already got a media pc, and any money i would spend on a new console im going to dump into doing a partial rebuild on my gaming computer and building a new media pc with a much smaller footprint and an APU so i can not have a tower next to my tv stand. i dont really do any console gaming anymore. the last 2 games i played on my ps3 were FF9 and FF8.

what do you suggest those of us who don't have media PCs, plan to spend money to build them, or don't have the know-how to do either do?

if they do that, sony will sue them for anti-trust violations and win. AMD did the same thing to intel several times and won handily both times to break intel's monopoly of exclusivity, especially with Dell.

Just saying, Microsoft is looking to take over entertainment. Where as Sony still trying to catch up in the gaming universe. Doesn't take much thought to see what certain companies would rather go with.

PS rules. No way will XBox get away with that. And IMO, the best exclusives are with Sony. Maybe that's just my taste. Not sure I could get by without MLB the Show, that in itself would be a deal breaker going anywhere else.

And as far as apps, like Netflix. Any decent new TV already has them so no reason to use a console to watch Netflix.

Last edited:
The XBOX 360 has access to netflix through XBOX Live already. That can only get better. :*)

I'd like to see if they cleaned up the interace to Kinect.

Even the Wii has netflix. (Wii U also, of course.)

I've never had an Xbox, but the next interface looks great, maybe great enough to use it instead of Nintendo.

Last edited:
Back