Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hawk Harrleson

lions2011

Had the Sox feed last night and good Old Hawk was suicidal after the 3 run first inning.....

he also prayed for 3 or 4 balls to "stretch" that were hit to right center that Austin cruised under and caught.

used 5 or 6 "dang gammits"......

and a couple of "duck snorts"

he bugs the hell out of me when they're beating us.....but love listening to him when the Sox are getting it handed to them.

Nothing better than listening to Hawk when the Sox are getting beat.

He's like a moonshiner sitting in a muggy shack on the bayou watching baseball on his little 9-inch black and white...

From what I understand all baseball games are on xm/sirrus satellite radio. The home team feed is always the one that is played. A lot of the fans from the other teams complain that Jim Price( Tigers) and Tom Hamilton from the (Indians) are the 2 biggest homers they have ever heard.

Biggest homer announcers

1 Hawk
2 Hamilton
3 Price

it's to bad because Steve Stone is actually quite intelligent and great to listen to talk about pitching.

SLICK said:
it's to bad because Steve Stone is actually quite intelligent and great to listen to talk about pitching.

the cubs fucked up in getting rid of him, imo.

did hawk at least sing the praises of jv?

fedexgooch78 said:
SLICK said:

Hawk had nothing but praises for JV...like every out of town announcer does...called him one of the best in the game the last few years.

its why he got suicidal in the 1st inning...he knew it was over..lol

stonecold2136 said:
From what I understand all baseball games are on xm/sirrus satellite radio. The home team feed is always the one that is played. A lot of the fans from the other teams complain that Jim Price( Tigers) and Tom Hamilton from the (Indians) are the 2 biggest homers they have ever heard.

Biggest homer announcers

1 Hawk
2 Hamilton
3 Price

Price may be a bit of a homer, but he's only the color guy.

Hawk is play by play

SLICK said:
fedexgooch78 said:

Hawk had nothing but praises for JV...like every out of town announcer does...called him one of the best in the game the last few years.

That is most definite.

I was delivering a mail route back in the mid 70's and hawk was going into denny doyle's condo as I was delivering to the mail boxes. I said hi and asked him about Kaline who had retired a year or two earlier, he had very nice compliments to him as well.
Maybe it is part of hawks' schtick as the play by play announcer. idk, It's like one of the wsox posters Chifan05 from espn said, they love him and ozzie, but know fans from other teams can't stand them.
The homerism of an announcer either tv or radio reminds me of the old boston celtics announcer Johnny Most. "Havlicek stole the ball" lore.
We loved him and knew he was a homer, and all the other teams fans couldn't stand him.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
SLICK said:

Most was 1000 times worse than Hawk.

That is most definite.

I was delivering a mail route back in the mid 70's and hawk was going into denny doyle's condo as I was delivering to the mail boxes. I said hi and asked him about Kaline who had retired a year or two earlier, he had very nice compliments to him as well.
Maybe it is part of hawks' schtick as the play by play announcer. idk, It's like one of the wsox posters Chifan05 from espn said, they love him and ozzie, but know fans from other teams can't stand them.
The homerism of an announcer either tv or radio reminds me of the old boston celtics announcer Johnny Most. "Havlicek stole the ball" lore.
We loved him and knew he was a homer, and all the other teams fans couldn't stand him.

SLICK said:
fedexgooch78 said:

so every announcer for the opposition is all over JV...but...

and i think they need to keep an eye on hawk tonight to make sure he doesn't stroke out

Back