Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox Game Thread September 3

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics

These 4 o'clock saturday games put out of state fans at a disadvantage with foxsports blackout.
The game of the week here is the rangers/redsox, so I am hoping it goes to nesn and they put our Tigers on.

Get us in boys...Off to my dad's to watch the Michigan game... I will be channel clicking all day....LOL

Better offensive lineup then last night, except maybe at 2b, depending on if Carlos can actually hit or not.

Maybe we can score 10 for Penny, and win by 2

I am surprised Penny has not been on the DL all year. Maybe he has turned the corner in his career.

There is talk he has touched the radar gun at 96 MPH.

stonecold2136 said:
I am surprised Penny has not been on the DL all year. Maybe he has turned the corner in his career.

There is talk he has touched the radar gun at 96 MPH.

Hi Abe,
Maybe his off season conditioning program with stretching helped.
That and dancing with the babe.
He has got the fastball back up in that 95/96.
We just need a win today or tomorrow or better both days.

Last night, I went to the mlbextrainnings and saw the indians were beating chen. That is frustrating that soft tossing lefty gives our Tigers fits, but gets hit by other teams.

Today is Carlos Guillen's turn in the second whitesox game, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland said he plans to start Ryan Raburn at second base Sunday night in the series finale Sunday night.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Today is Carlos Guillen's turn in the second whitesox game, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland said he plans to start Ryan Raburn at second base Sunday night in the series finale Sunday night.

LOL a 3 man rotation at second base.

Only the mind of Leyland comes up with that. ::)

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="KalineCountry":5ez8pwud]Today is Carlos Guillen's turn in the second whitesox game, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland said he plans to start Ryan Raburn at second base Sunday night in the series finale Sunday night.

LOL a 3 man rotation at second base.

Only the mind of Leyland comes up with that. ::)[/quote:5ez8pwud]

It could include Rhymes too. wouldn't surprise me if he gives the 'scrappy' one a start there too.

oh crap, these foxsports f'ers have the redsox and rangers.
nesn has a college football game.
I have to go by Gameday.
F foxsports and all their crap announcers.
dick stockton and mccarver suck.

Penny shouldn' sniff a start in the playoffs as long as they get in.
JV, Fister, Scherzer.
what do you guys think?

Brad Penny is 3-0 with a 2.89 ERA against the ChiSox this year for the Tigers, and is 6-10 with a 5.36 ERA against everyone else.

strike calls off the outside corner by home plate ump kellogg.

Back