Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No Calderon, point gaurd for Pistons

Chef

Calderon just signed with the Mavs. Now what? Trade, free agent? This after passing on two of the top PG in the draft.

Calderon just signed with the Mavs. Now what? Trade, free agent? This after passing on two of the top PG in the draft.

Hopefully we get Jarret Jack. Otherwise, things are not looking good at the PG position

Hopefully we get Jarret Jack. Otherwise, things are not looking good at the PG position

Jack is gone, so is Darren Collison. Pretty much every UFA PG on the market is gone. In retrospect it makes passing on Burke look extra stupid. Probably the best case scenario now is to work out a sign and trade with Atlanta for Jeff Teague. Short of that, the money and upgrades put into the team with Josh Smith and Ken Caldwell-Pope are going to be torpedoed by Knight and Stuckey's inability to run the offense.

Agreed. I think Siva could run the offense in a backup/situational role, but he's not a shooting threat. Not impressed with Knight or Stuckey at the 2 either (Singler and Jerebko shot better). Maybe Middleton and Pope can step up and give, at least, a mid-range option.

Agreed. I think Siva could run the offense in a backup/situational role, but he's not a shooting threat. Not impressed with Knight or Stuckey at the 2 either (Singler and Jerebko shot better). Maybe Middleton and Pope can step up and give, at least, a mid-range option.

I think the SG spot is KCP's to lose. As long as he starts hitting his threes by preseason, there's little reason to keep him on the bench (especially since Stuckey is going to be a train wreck next to three non-shooters in Smith, Monroe, and Drummond). I like Siva too, but it's hard to say what we should really expect. Is he any better than Will Bynum? Probably not, but at least he's more of a pass-first guard.

It's looking like we are going to start the season with Knight at PG. For a team supposedly in win-now mode, that seems like a poor choice, but we don't exactly have a better option right now. Perhaps the team finds a way to take on an established PG (Dragic and Rondo are likely on the market), but that may not happen until the deadline.

Ah, the return of Chauncey. Not gonna log big minutes, but should help the cause. His perimeter shooting and turnover percentage were still very good last season. Barring health concerns, I like the pick up.

Ah, the return of Chauncey. Not gonna log big minutes, but should help the cause. His perimeter shooting and turnover percentage were still very good last season. Barring health concerns, I like the pick up.

over the past 3 years he has only shot 39% from the field. He is washed up!

over the past 3 years he has only shot 39% from the field. He is washed up!

Not untrue. I was looking at the 37% from 3pt. For the money though...what does Stuckey shoot for $8mil and change a year? 40%? 41%? I can't wait til' him and Charlie V are off the books. Knight still has potential.

Not untrue. I was looking at the 37% from 3pt. For the money though...what does Stuckey shoot for $8mil and change a year? 40%? 41%? I can't wait til' him and Charlie V are off the books. Knight still has potential.

that's what Knight shoots from three too. I just don't see any value to having him on the team.

I'm not liking siva's chances guys. Didn't play at all in the last summer league game.

I'm not liking siva's chances guys. Didn't play at all in the last summer league game.

He didn't play because he injured his ankle in the last few minutes of the previous game. I'd love it if they found a way to keep him or if he played overseas for a year so we'd retain his rights. I think he's a great passer and an above average defender (despite being small), but he really needs to get a jump shot.

He didn't play because he injured his ankle in the last few minutes of the previous game. I'd love it if they found a way to keep him or if he played overseas for a year so we'd retain his rights. I think he's a great passer and an above average defender (despite being small), but he really needs to get a jump shot.

I like the guy, but he's too small and a bad shooter. Having him come in and pass the ball to other people for a few minutes a game is not bad though.

we want to trade knight for rondo. celts want Drummond for rondo. Monroe for rondo will probably be the compromise at some point.

Monroe on the other hand.

Is a solid player who should not be traded unless we know Rondo is going to do well.

Would a PG that can't shoot fit our team anyways? That seems like the opposite of what we want.

I don't see them pulling the trigger on a PG now. Billups and Bynum signed, no amnesty on Charlie V. Knight and Stuckey have been forced into some PG roles before, so Siva will have to play in Europe. Regardless, I think we'll see some real improvement this season. Plus, aren't Stuckey and CV off the books next season?

Back