Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

vengeful Brazilian soccer fans behead referee

Michchamp

apparently the referee had stabbed a player to death after the player struck him while disputing a call. then the players' family invaded "the pitch" (that's what non-Americans call "the field"), tied up the ref, beat him, lynched him, then decapitated his corpse and placed it on a pike in the middle of the field (!!!)

ESPN reported it. I thought it might be embellished a bit, but Deadspin reported it too, and included video (which I did NOT watch)

what.

the.

fuck?

I just saw the SI version of the story.

"rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body."

What millennium is this?

I mentioned what happened to somebody in my family without mentioning first that the ref killed a guy. Then I mentioned that he killed a guy and it brought an, "oh well that makes sense" type response at which point I presented a dumbfounded look.

Stoning, quartering and decapitating someone never makes sense. Not if he murdered an entire village would it make sense in modern civilized society.

Back