Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gary Harris interview

MW: What’s it like playing for Coach Tom Izzo?
GH: Oh man he’s great. Coach is going to be demanding, he’s going to push you to the limit but you know it’s worth it. The guy knows what he’s talking about and if you listen to him god things will happen

So do you think that was a typo? lol

Ive heard from people that go to practice is that hes a lot tougher on his players than he lets on. Hes got a little more bob knight in him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2013_0702/qa-with-gary-harris-spartans-shooting-to-win-it-all-in-2013-14-season/

kind of short, nothing new really but nice to hear that he's 100% healthy. he stayed away from contact pretty much all year, hopefully he can take it to the basket a lot more and get to the line this year. we also weren't able to send 4 to the glass like we did in past years given his shoulder.

Look what Harris did while injured. I can't wait to see what he can do healthy. We really need all we can get from him this year, because I think it will be his last as a Spartan.

I read an interview where his dad says that he loves school and isnt in any hurry to go pro. Of course hes not going to say that he has one foot out the door but he could stay another year. He comes from a good family and doesn't have the pressure that others have

Ive heard from people that go to practice is that hes a lot tougher on his players than he lets on. Hes got a little more bob knight in him

I don't think it's a secret that Izzo is one of the toughest coaches in the country on his players. He yells a lot and he expects maximum effort in every drill and in every scrimmage. A lot of kids struggle with it.

But he's a proven winner and his players grow both on and off the court under his guidance. He's also as genuine of a guy as you'll find in all of big time college sports.

Back