Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons bring back Billups

doc08

Various sources are now reporting that Joe and the Pistons are bringing back CB on a 2 yr deal, with the second yr a team option.

Cool. Hopefully Billups can help Knight out in learning the PG position and being a better floor general.

Unfortunately they aren't getting the 2008 version....they are gettin a broken down 36 year old PG. Not bad for some vet leadership and depth but not an impact signing. Probably a waste of a roster spot.

Good player and prescience to have on the team. Might be the best pg we have lol. Also another player who can shoot.

I think this is a great signing. He will instantly be the only player on the roster that knows how to win.

Is he in his prime, no, but he still has some solid ball left in him, will help distribute....whichi helps our bigs develop, and can hit the outside shot. Good pick & roll player too.

he may not have the stats he once had but he is still a leader adn that is one thing this team is in need up and his helping of knight and stuckey couldnt hurt either

Rip just got waived......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Rip just got waived......

He burned his bridges here I think. Wouldn't be a bad signing but we need to save room on our roster for the young guys. Mitchell and siva should make this team. They look good.

KCP is playing good too.

He burned his bridges here I think. Wouldn't be a bad signing but we need to save room on our roster for the young guys. Mitchell and siva should make this team. They look good.

KCP is playing good too.

I was being sarcastic, wed have too many guards anyway

Turns out that Billups wants to start now? Coach Cheeks said it's because Knight is more of a combo guard. This makes things a bit complicated again. Billups wasn't supposed to take on this kind of role. He's supposed to mentor and hit a few 3's off the bench. The man can't keep up with starting PGs. Might as well have tried to deal for Bledsoe, Vasquez, Teague if Cheeks didn't like Knight.

Last edited:
like i said our next PG, if Knight doesnt step up, it will be via trade before the deadline or the draft in 2014

Turns out that Billups wants to start now? Coach Cheeks said it's because Knight is more of a combo guard. This makes things a bit complicated again. Billups wasn't supposed to take on this kind of role. He's supposed to mentor and hit a few 3's off the bench. The man can't keep up with starting PGs. Might as well have tried to deal for Bledsoe, Vasquez, Teague if Cheeks didn't like Knight.

Its doesn't complicate anything. Billups is the best PG on our roster and I don't have a problem with him starting if that is the case.

It doesn't mean he'll play 40 minutes, somebody else could still play the majority of the minutes at PG.

good move Joe. Where has Billups been the past 10 games? I don't see him on the injury report and isn't even in the box score as a DNP Coaches Decision

I saw him an Silva dresses real sharp on the back side of the bench last night....lol

Back