Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cliff Alexander quote

Sbee

a lot of people are overreacting over the fact that he's not taking an official to MSU (or Kentucky)

see below

Alexander reiterated that he likely won?t take officials to Kentucky or Michigan State ? two of his perceived leaders ? because he?s already been there unofficially with his parents.
?No, because I?ve visited those already,? he said.
Later he added: ?There?s a chance they could get it. I?m still thinking.?
But he pointed out that Kentucky and Michigan State are still very much in the mix and haven?t dropped down.
?Not at all, not at all, not at all, I still love them,? he said. ?They?re still recruiting me hard, especially Michigan State. I love ?em.?

izzo wont be outworked for cliff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Think we land Cliff, Ullis, but miss on Jones and Okafor. And I also don't think Jones and Okafor end up at the same place no matter what they say. It's going to be a big class for Izzo, probably 5 kids.

Id guess jones to duke and okafor to osu. Im hoping for cliff, ulis, and booker

Id guess jones to duke and okafor to osu. Im hoping for cliff, ulis, and booker

I think Jaylon Johnson is really emerging as a McD's AA candidate, I would love a class of Alexander, Ullis, Johnson, Booker, and 1 more.

And Ullis, rumor is he grew a couple inches, if this kid sniffs 6-0, he's honestly as good as Jones is at PG, kid is a phenom as it is, a top 40 player at only 5-9 is very rare. He gets a few inches more and he's an NBA player, reminds me of Allen Iverson athletically, just unguardable.

Last edited:
I think Jaylon Johnson is really emerging as a McD's AA candidate, I would love a class of Alexander, Ullis, Johnson, Booker, and 1 more.

And Ullis, rumor is he grew a couple inches, if this kid sniffs 6-0, he's honestly as good as Jones is at PG, kid is a phenom as it is, a top 40 player at only 5-9 is very rare. He gets a few inches more and he's an NBA player, reminds me of Allen Iverson athletically, just unguardable.

At 5'9" hes a 4yr player. Ive read aau coaches say hes the toughest player to guard that theve ever seen and that includes wade and rose. Hell be challenged on defense but id take 4yrs of ulis over jones for 1yr

Agreed - i wud take a 4 year kid w/ his talent over just about any 1 year player. I would never want our program to become a factory like kentucky or unc or a wannabe factory like osu.

Last edited:
now he might take a 5th official to UK or Florida, not sure what's going on here. my head says that MSU is lagging behind, we want one of these officials but everything we've read said that MSU is a leader

Who knows anymore. Just when I think we are golden with a recruit, he either decommitts or picks somebody else. I'm sure Izzo has done all he can.

I agree, tough to tell. Hopefully we get one or two of the top ten guys. I think our start will be big for us. Win high profile games vs unc and uk and recruits will take notice

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...iff-alexander-proves-himself-alongside-okafor

another article where he mentions MSU. most state fans are worried about the lack of an official being planned and I am as well but this makes me feel like we're still in it

One school constantly mentioned with Alexander is Michigan State, which has been among his leaders for a long time. Tom Izzo and his staff are firmly in the running.
"How they develop their players," Alexander said when asked what he likes about the Spartans. "Izzo is a great guy. We've built a great relationship since he started recruiting me. The campus is beautiful

Back