Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Are the Pistons Done with signing/trading this offseason?

michiganalex

or do you think they could pull off one or 2 more transactions?

Not sure. Just saw a rumor on espn.com that the Pistons are talking to the Bucks about a sign and trade for Jennings. Just a rumor though.

can you post the rumor?

never mind i just saw it myself on prosportsdaily.com

Last edited:
they keep on talking about expiring contracts so i'm thinking Charlie V and or Stuckey will be involved. especially stuckey

They should stay put for the most part, theres not really any free agent left worth taking somebodies roster spot when I want to see Siva and Mitchell get a chance.

I would like to trade expiring contracts for a 1st rounder next year if at all possible. Forget Rondo. I want in on next year where we might lose our 1st, or have 2 1st round picks in a "Loaded: draft.

They should stay put for the most part, theres not really any free agent left worth taking somebodies roster spot when I want to see Siva and Mitchell get a chance.

I would like to trade expiring contracts for a 1st rounder next year if at all possible. Forget Rondo. I want in on next year where we might lose our 1st, or have 2 1st round picks in a "Loaded: draft.

Unfortunately I don't think any team is dumb enough to give up a 1st round pick for any of our expiring contracts.

If they do nothing else, those two expiring contracts can help at the trade deadline during the season if we are in a playoff push

The Pistons will have $17M of expiring contracts to work with at the trade deadline. There might be a team that would be willing to take those two for a player that is making similar money but might have a 2-3 years left on their contract. It will likely be a player that is not earning that contract or a decent player on a team that is hoping to get a shot at Lebron or Melo. I can see them maybe trading one of them for someone that can score.

if nothing else those 16 million comes off the books for the next offseason to extend monroe and sign a top FA PG

if nothing else those 16 million comes off the books for the next offseason to extend monroe and sign a top FA PG

Here is the list of unrestricted FA PGs for next season (not very good)

Ramon Sessions
Kirk Hinrich
Jerryd Bayless
Rodney Stuckey
Steve Blake
Luke Ridnour
Patty Mills
Earl Watson
Shaun Livingston
Jordan Farmar
Ronnie Price

the PG position will be addressed this season. it's really make or break time for knight. joe can have rondo whenever he wants, and he knows that, so why rush anything? the presence of both mo cheeks and chauncey can only help knight moving forward. it's hard to imagine him not improving.

Anybody knOw who could be the top pgs that could come out next year from, the ncaa

Anybody knOw who could be the top pgs that could come out next year from, the ncaa

Marcus Smart from Okla. State is likely the top PG to come out next year. He might've been #1 if he had come out this year. Also, Andrew Harrison will be a freshman at Kentucky this fall and he's supposed to be very good. Don't know outside of that without doing research.

the PG position will be addressed this season. it's really make or break time for knight. joe can have rondo whenever he wants, and he knows that, so why rush anything? the presence of both mo cheeks and chauncey can only help knight moving forward. it's hard to imagine him not improving.

We won't be getting Rondo if the asking price starts with Drummond as has been rumored, imo. Joe recently said that Drummond is the only untouchable player on our team. I'm not even sure I would do Monroe for Rondo. But I also agree that we need to be patient. See whats out there at the trade deadline and float Monroe and expiring contracts or something or value to a team that decides to sell and has a PG.

I don't want to see stuckey on the team to start the season. His poor attitude does nothing for the team and he is not going to see much playing time which will make it even worse.

The Pistons will have $17M of expiring contracts to work with at the trade deadline. There might be a team that would be willing to take those two for a player that is making similar money but might have a 2-3 years left on their contract. It will likely be a player that is not earning that contract or a decent player on a team that is hoping to get a shot at Lebron or Melo. I can see them maybe trading one of them for someone that can score.

Do you trust Dumars will use that money wisely? Because I sure don't.

Do you trust Dumars will use that money wisely? Because I sure don't.

I think he has learned from the Villanueva and Gordon fiasco. He has made nothing but good moves this offseason and got a big free agent whose one of the more athletic players in the league.

Back