Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matt Morrissey

Sbee

just committed to MSU, dad played at MSU, sister plays basketball at State. rising senior, has done well on the camp circuit this year, and he's our 4th IL commitment this year.

We need wr, we'll see how the rest of the class shakes out. I think we're taking 18 or so but we might have some attrition

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I love these legacy pick ups. The Bullough's, and now Morrissey. Kid looks like he might turn into a LB.

I love these legacy pick ups. The Bullough's, and now Morrissey. Kid looks like he might turn into a LB.

thornhills are also a good MSU football family. we now have the valentines in hoops

Lets not forget the Ducketts - I'd take them over the Thornhills. Probably put them 3rd overall after the Millers and Bulloughs...

Lets not forget the Ducketts - I'd take them over the Thornhills. Probably put them 3rd overall after the Millers and Bulloughs...

were there multiple generations of ducketts? I know tico and TJ but I didn't know if they were 2nd generation.

No (at least not yet) but TJ is still a legacy Spartan who no doubt came to MSU because of Tico's influence and the success he had at MSU. The Ducketts are a family w/in the family who have significant accomplishments are impressive and memorable.

For what it's worth at the IMG Midwest 7 on 7 camp against a lot of the best players from the region:

“It was a dominant performance on both sides of the football for Morrissey, who holds five scholarship offers,” Helmholdt stated. “Playing safety, he registered at least one interception and several pass breakups. He also played extensively at wide receiver and was getting separation throughout the day, hauling in several touchdown receptions. Morrissey does play a little stiff, but his straight-line speed is excellent and he has outstanding ball skills.”

MSU coaches agreed and offered him right around this time.

Back