Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jones and Reschke won't redshirt

I still think Shane Jones redshirts, but Reschke will play.

I think for that to happen, Riley Bullough would have to switch back to linebacker. I'd love for Holmes, Williams, or Shelton come in and claim the running back spot and send RB back to defense. I think Holmes is the most likely, I wouldn't be surprised if Williams goes back to WR after losing Jay Harris and Kerrick.

Do you see Shane Jones as the STAR? Because at SAM you have Allen, Elsworth, Harris, and Lyles ahead of him. At the STAR it's just Taiwan and Jairus Jones. Think Harris can play both. There's a lot of depth at LB.

Last edited:
Do you see Shane Jones as the STAR? Because at SAM you have Allen, Elsworth, Harris, and Lyles ahead of him. At the STAR it's just Taiwan and Jairus Jones. Think Harris can play both. There's a lot of depth at LB.

best guess is that Shane Jones backs Allen up and Elsworth behind Taiwan Jones. you don't want to back up a senior with a senior

best guess is that Shane Jones backs Allen up and Elsworth behind Taiwan Jones. you don't want to back up a senior with a senior

Darian Harris is a beast and will steal snaps from the starters this year. Ed Davis is also a guy who has made some plays. Just not seeing the need to play 2 freshmen LBs.

Darian Harris is a beast and will steal snaps from the starters this year. Ed Davis is also a guy who has made some plays. Just not seeing the need to play 2 freshmen LBs.

I hope they don't play this year, again, they would get more snaps in 2017 vs this year so we should save them if we can

It is dissapointing, especially when we see the upside of RS so many players. Hopefully they contribute positively and it won't be a wasted year.

Back